Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bye Bye Lexus

Well i must say i have had a lot of cars and none have been as much trouble as this lexus.

Problem after Problem

The persuit of perfection ( well they better keep looking cos they ain't found it yet)

Don't get me wrong its a good car when it doesn't have problems, so i think its time for a change.

got some interesting info from the site, so cheers guys.

Thats the only 2 problems i've had with the Lexus thats costs me darely in the 3 years i've had it..both side of my brake calipers have seized up. Oh that and the..do i dare mention it without this thread breaking into a mass flameing session at Lexus...uneven tire wear....but tbh...mines not too bad, but the set that had been on my car were...but at least it's just a matter of time until i get it sorted at WIM.

Well i must say i have had a lot of cars and none have been as much trouble as this lexus.

Problem after Problem

The persuit of perfection ( well they better keep looking cos they ain't found it yet)

Don't get me wrong its a good car when it doesn't have problems, so i think its time for a change.

got some interesting info from the site, so cheers guys.

That's unfortunate....I've had my IS200 Sport now for 5 years, and the only problems I've had was having to replace the remote (key) receiver this year, and the usual rim corrosion. Other than that it's been absolutely bullet proof for 80,000 miles, and the main reason I placed an order for the 250 a year before it was launched.

I got the sticky caliper for a start, so that ****** my discs, so that was new discs and a new seal kit for the caliper,

then my tires wore on the inside, so 4 new tires and the suspension set up,

then the exhaust gasket blew out a couple of times, so i had to get that fixed,

and my sub frame was slack so it had to be tightened ( this is actually part of the major service at lexus)

and the stereo broke so had to fit a new one

and the most recent one is the torque convertor on the gearbox

I've only owned it for about 6 month, so i'm pretty ****** off about everything that has went wrong. they a few common problems so you would have thought that lexus would have recalled them to fix it.

Edited by janey

Reading your reply, i don't blame you..if i had the car (thats as expensive as the Lexus) and all that happened within 6 months i would be pretty pee'd off. In my car i changed the stereo for an aftermarket one before it went. Did u have the car from new or from previous owner who didn;t look after it? Torque convertor is only for automatics right? so i won't be getting that problem as mines not auto. I'm looking to change my exhaust anyway, so i don't care too much about it blowing any time soon. What i tend to do is when something breaks is i always upgrade it with aftermarket stuff (if money permits me to). Never heard of the subframe going slack, don't sound too good as far as safety goes. The only problem i have is finding a decent garage to carry out the work i want done to the car...wish Prolex/TDi/WIM was nearer to me..i be there every month to get something done lol. The Toyota garage down here won't touch anything that isn't ordered by them and in their books. Infact i can't even just walk into it and ask for a service without them passing me off to the Lexus showroom to book my car in, how stupid is that!?!? Anyway..good luck selling your car and hope your next car won't be as bad...it will actually be very difficult to beat the problems you've had in that short time span.

ouch!!! ive been lucky with my lexus then, what its 8 years old ive had it for 6 months and im not the kindess driver on the road, the only thing ive had to do is free up the sticky caliper which all i used is some copper greese and it hasb't bothered me since, oh and changed the coilpack at the back of the engine...

cant really say anythign abotu the tyre where as i do like the odd drift and the cars dropped on the arches!!!

i had a rover 220 turbo coupee.. well i still have it but the lexus has been a god send, nice to get in a car and known that i can get somewhere without anythgin going wrong. the rover was on the ramps atleast once a week haha

I got the sticky caliper for a start, so that ****** my discs, so that was new discs and a new seal kit for the caliper,

and my sub frame was slack so it had to be tightened ( this is actually part of the major service at lexus)

I've only owned it for about 6 month, so i'm pretty ****** off about everything that has went wrong. they a few common problems so you would have thought that lexus would have recalled them to fix it.

how many miles has it done from new :)

That's a lot to foul up in 6 months. Gutted for you. My GS 300 gave no real trouble in 6 years(1996 with 144000 miles).

Don't let this experience put you off the marque though, but I think pay a little more for Lexus Approved for the peace of mind if you should be unlucky enough to find a rogue car.

Thats a shame as i've found mine to be very reliable over the past 3yrs and done 28,000 miles in it since i brought it, And in that time the only things i've had to change are the tyres and brake pads all due to wear and tear :) But i do know someone who has had the same type of problems with there is300, the stereo went in the first week of owning it then he went through 3 sets of discs and pads in 6 months due to the calipers then his seats packed up plus a few other bits that i helped him with, But he was the same he changed his after 9 months of ownership and brought a SEAT Leon tdi but the new owner of his IS300 hasnt had any problems since with it and is very happy with the car?

Good luck with your search for your next car and hope you have better luck with whatever you decide to go for :)