Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Sprint Series 2008 Teeside Autodrome 14/6/08

Dave-Ellen

Bazza & I will be competing at Teeside Autodrome on 14/6 in the Toyota Sprint Series.

Spectators are welcome :whistling:

Should be a good day as the track looks fast.

Come along and see some nice cars you'll not be dissapointed :crybaby:

• 3 weeks later...

picking the car up tomorrow from WIM

tony has been working his magic on it :whistling:

and then heading ooop north

if any one fancys a drink or two tomorrow night we will be at the holiday inn .....postcode :TS4 3BS

:)

i'll try and pop up to this guys as wouldnt mind seeing you both in action, and would be great to see the Starlet in action as its a work of art and should be a good day out :D

would be great to see you Chris.................

heading ooop north if any one fancys a drink or two tomorrow night we will be at the holiday inn .....postcode :TS4 3BS

:tsktsk: only just seen this... would have popped down to see you guys tonight if I'd known!

I'll try to come down tomorrow (still not quite North enough for me!) - since they are not probably going to be on here again before the event does anyone any of their contact numbers they can PM me in case we have any problems?

You definately going Chris? Will be good to see you there, mate! :)

Went to Teesside Autodrome for a few hours, was good to see you guys there. Didn't get much in the way of pics but have a few poor ones :blush:

Dave:

P1010029Small.jpg

P1010028Small.jpg

P1010025Small.jpg

Vid (sorry the second half doesn't have any sound...):

th_e64e9f13.jpg

And going too fast for my camera...

P1010022Small.jpg

Bazza:

P1010024Small.jpg

P1010023Small.jpg

P1010030Small.jpg

P1010027Small.jpg

Vid:

th_1da11a43.jpg

Looking forward to the next time you guys are up here, now you realise how far North the country comes! :winky:

Nice pics !

Thanks for coming along was nice to see you all again.

Doing my in car stuff so will post up that & some pics later.

Barrie won his class again with a 54.70 which was great.

I was 6th in class and 10th overall (49 cars) and quite pleased with my time of 54.28

Teeside report

Travelled up to Middlesborough for the lastest round of the Toyota Sprint Series on the Friday. Nice uneventful trip up.

Saturday sampled the delights of Middlesborough’s shopping attractions before heading of the the Teeside autodrome for the event. It was to run from 4pm to 10pm .

Stickers attached without drama,scrutineering then out for the practice stuff and a look at the track…..

From the incar footage you will see how undulating the first section is with a blind negative camber section to concentrate the mind.

Did a 54.71 on my second timed lap but the heavens opened for the 3rd session and the track remained damp for the next 4 runs run 7 was a good one felt just right but unfortunately I had to slow down due to a spinning MR2 Turbo who then stalled which meant I had to do another one which was pant ! the final run was my fastest at 54.28 which left me 6th in Class and 10th overall which I’m quite chuffed with.

Some pics below

pitsr9.jpg

startlineer9.jpg

backstraightyv7.jpg

presentationql4.jpg

Video shot by spectator

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/Moffe...nt=e64e9f13.pbr

incar footage of lap 2 and 3 and the aborted lap 7

was a great weekend !

lovely to see adam and lindsay, sorry but never seemed to get the chance to chat :duh:

spent 6 and half hours getting up there ! (and they tell me there is more land beyond :o )

great social evening on the friday night, with a quite a few of the entrants staying in the hotel

a great track, not the easiest especially after the downpour, dave put through some good times, and surprised quite a few people, i managed to win the class again, but the competition is getting tighter now with only 2 hundreths of seconds seperating first and second places

saturday night was a night to remember, all sitting round chatting, when some strange polish women decided to join us !!!

i have not laughed as much for so long, ended up at about 3 o'clock running around the hotel to escape her :lol:

cant wait for the next round :D