Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brakes Making A Clicking Noise

andy07841

hi guys just a bit of info for the new is 220/250 drivers.i was driving home from work last week with both front windows down due to the warm weather,when i turned onto my drive at low speed using the brakes and noticed a clicking noise coming from the front wheels.i took the car to lexus chester and the techi said the front calipers where faulty and replaced them on the warranty.( you can only hear the clicking noise when the windows are down and the radio is off)i hope this info helps a few people

All Lexus models have the same problem, pads moving in carrier and caliper carrier moving slightly on hub.

grease pads and caliper mounts and noise will disappear. if not phased by it dont worry cos it is common noise and not a worry.

caliper carrier moving slightly on hub

hmmm, you sure?? If the carrier to hub bolts are done up properly, there is no way they would move.

However, the calliper slide pins moving in the carrier slightly I can see happening very easily, especially if the plastic inserts are worn out or missing.