Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

13902 & Grom Ipod Adapter

A couple of months back, I bought a GROM iPod adapter after reading that it worked even on the older stereos where the CD slot is at the bottom, like mine. I couldn't (and still can't) afford an iPod but wanted to spread the overall cost out a bit by buying and installing the adapter first.

I THEN read that there is one OEM stereo that it won't work with, number 13902... MINE!

I tried PMing the member who reported that but got no reply so as I still haven't managed to test the adapter and still have it installed, I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced the same problem? :unsure:

Thanks Jackal, I won't bother ripping it out in a childish tantrum just yet then :blush:

swfcdan, it was you that I messaged ages ago, check your PMs! lol

:ohmy:

sorry mate, i must have missed it.

infact i have just checked and its still unread in my inbox :hehe: , although the link on the main page said '0 new messages'.

Anyway, as ive said, for me i installed the Grom unit and got no sound what so ever. the only thing it did for me was act as an expensive in car ipod charger :lol:

i emailed grom and was sent several 'upgrades', but none of them made it work.

• 5 weeks later...

Not meaning to bump this thread, but I have the same setup with the 13902 headunit and GromAudio iPod adapter. My CD changer doesn't recognise anything attached, will charge the iPod though. I did ask Grom before I ordered it via e-mail and even sent photos across (showing the front including model number and connectors on the back) saying I wouldn't order it unless they could tell me in writing it definitely would work. After £15 of import tax and racing to the post office before it closed, it doesn't work. Huge disappointment and no answer from them as yet. I imagine I have the upper hand as I paid over Paypal with a credit card.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links