Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tdi Supercharger Conversion

Hi there guys, jus wondering is the stage 7 powertuning supercharger conversion on the TDi site the same as the TTE conversions everyone says is so rare???

Cheers ppl :blush:

Think WAS is a better word. AFAIK TDi can't get the TTE kit anymore but have done a conversion with a Rotrex 2 stage charger since supply ran out.

Dunno without a link/picture , or why don't you just call them and ask ?

You could go on the TDi website and look or is that too much like hard work :lol:

You could go on the TDi website and look or is that too much like hard work :lol:

by the looks of it he was already there anyways :whistling:

.............. the stage 7 powertuning supercharger conversion on the TDi site ....

Can someone lend him 20 pence & show him a link to the contacts page :lol:

Looks like its a Rotex Charger;

http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/index.php?c...197_214_384_388

http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/product_inf...oducts_id=14654

Stage 7 upgrade: Supercharger

TTE Supercharger for £2200.00, fitted for £2,800~£3,100 depending on each individual vehicle.

Usually, the newer the vehicle the less time (and hence money) the kit takes to fit.

Adding 32% more power, and 27% more torque to the IS200, the bolt-on supercharger kit will transform the baby Lexus into the car it should have been. Please call for more details.

Stage 1 supercharger system; Boost upgrade (0.5 bar), exhaust manifold, Camcon, ecu upgrade, larger fuel injectors.

Stage 2 supercharger system; Boost upgrade (0.7 bar), de-cat pipe, 02 simulator, exhaust centre section, high capacity intercooler, forged pistons, forged connecting rods.

Not to shabby on the price

As good as a TTe Charger? (a Lot Cheaper)

Dazza

post-24007-1211991623.png

So if this Rotrex s/c isn't a good option & the TTE is hard to come by, is there any more that have a good reputation???

I am new to the forum so sorry if im being a bit dumb :blink:

Really looking forward to becomin the proud owner of a lex though cant wait, wanna get along to some meets eventually aswell

Those that were at the TDI meet where Dave and his rotrex IS was there everyone that went in it said its more powerful than the TTE one it really shoved you back into your seat with quite a punch and the torque seemed never ending.

You need to speak to Dave himself about it.

To those that want more power cost does'nt come into it, if you've got the money to get what you want what difference does it make.

Personally i think its too much, for that money you've quoted i'd go and buy a Cossie or similar for a w/end blaster i wouldn't spend it on a S/C for the Lex but i understand those that do.

Those that were at the TDI meet where Dave and his rotrex IS was there everyone that went in it said its more powerful than the TTE one it really shoved you back into your seat with quite a punch and the torque seemed never ending.

But one thing Pete, them that went to the Tdi meet with TTE supercharger fitted, drove there cars home :D i dont think Dave did ? reliability it dont have, power yes :D

I'm not getting into a power output arguement here re dyno figures and Dave's car.

However I have been in Dave's car several times and it is bloody quick. I wish mine was half as fast.

A source at TDi was recently quoted to a LOC member that the engine went wrong, but I couldn't see

any evidence of that at the meet.

The quoted stuff mentioning TTE from the TDi webstite has been out of date for about a year now,

since TTE's price went up to £4,000+ for the kit.

Why don't you just ring em for chris#####.

Then when you have a price and bhp figures you can come back and tell us all.

Send me a pm and I'll pop 20 pence in the post for you, plus on top of that I will

look on their website and give you the number too.

you have got to remember that dave's car is no ordinary supercharged car

it has been extensively worked upon and is probably the most forwardly evolved IS200 there is

there is no evidence of the rotrex supercharger being unreliable, in fact they have a good reliabilty record, and even more so, the same goes for the IS200 engine,

the problems occur when the two are put together ! there is no research or design applied, more a suck it and see :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

when i went up to tdi was talking about this car its running about 300-350 bhp i think? could be more it was in for a bit as they had to

make all new pullys as the supercharger broke them because of to much torque? but like everyone else has said ask the owner of the car!

could be more it was in for a bit as they had to make all new pullys as the supercharger broke them because of to much torque? !

doubt it mate as there is very little running torque on the SC or the alternator etc and as the old ones were solid then something was wrong or sh!^e material was used

when i went up to tdi was talking about this car its running about 300-350 bhp i think? could be more it was in for a bit as they had to

make all new pullys as the supercharger broke them because of to much torque? but like everyone else has said ask the owner of the car!

I'd ask for proof of those claimed figures............... :whistling:

i asked dave himself what figures he was seeing.. his reply was "what do you mean" looking rather guarded. so i clarified "what power is it making" to which his reply was approx 400...

dont think anyone will know the true figures, cause theres so much bull^&*£ about it as there is no proof. i would certioanky be asking for the dyno charts after spending nearly 10k.

Gentlemen,

I wouldn't want you guys to get the wrong idea so please allow me to clear up some points here.

Without quoting everyone (to save some time), please allow me to put forward the following points:

1. Last time I enquired (fairly recently) there were a couple of TTE kits left in stock in Germany at around 5000 Euros. If they are still available they are the latest versionn not the V1 models which were the cheap ones on sale by TGB.

2. We do not offer the Rotrex for sale as a TDI product. We have only done one car which was specially commissioned by a client. We would be happy to undertake the same or similar specification again, and can confirm that we have the knowledge and technology to exceed 400hp using the supercharged 1G FE engine.

3. There have not been any reliability issues whatsover with any of the work done or products installed by us on the Rotrex supercharged car. As anyone sensible would understand, there has been ongoing development required as more standard components reached their toleration threshold. I'll touch on this shortly in the appropriate thread.

4. Our client received the dyno charts for this conversion when he took delivery of the car. I understand that he wants to maintain discretion on this issue, which of course is his perogative.

All the best :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links