Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Wheel Offset/size Help

hodaz

I thought they might stick past the arches, I still struggle to get my head around the offset/width thing.

there's sweet FA nice wheels available for IS200's for sensible money, they have such a high offset, everything is either 2k+ from Japan, or budget fake drift look rubbish. I'm thinking about selling up and getting a BM would be much easier and cheaper to modify.

I thought they might stick past the arches, I still struggle to get my head around the offset/width thing.

there's sweet FA nice wheels available for IS200's for sensible money, they have such a high offset, everything is either 2k+ from Japan, or budget fake drift look rubbish. I'm thinking about selling up and getting a BM would be much easier and cheaper to modify.

I can recommend the BMW 330d sport mate :D 2003 + yr better as it has better engine :D

what size/width/offset/tyres are they Wozza? I think this site could really do with a wheel/tyre/stance guide where everyone posts pics up of their cars and says what sizes and specs wheels/tyres their running, would really help imo.

i had a golf gti before this and their was one on edition38 and it really helped.

i really like my is200 but all the mods are so expensive! stuff like facelift headlights are really expensive, decent coils £1k+, such a limited choice of wheels due to the offset. i know why not many people mod them now, should have stuck with my golf gti!

Their are loads of nice wheels for the IS200, just depends on what you like. :) I personally like the classic 5 spoke for the IS200 so got a lot of options. For 18" alloys, I'd say et42 is the minimum to go for without have to consider getting your arches rolled. Galla_4 had 18", was lowered 30mm and his offset was et42 all round. He had Toora Platinum T950 alloys like I did ;)

Tyres you need are 225/40/18 all around or you can go for a wider 255/35/18 rear tyre if you so wish.

@Wozza - if you modify a BMW (obviously depending on which one) it would be just as nice as the Lexus. But its personal taste at the end of day that makes modding fun :)

Their are loads of nice wheels for the IS200, just depends on what you like. :) I personally like the classic 5 spoke for the IS200 so got a lot of options. For 18" alloys, I'd say et42 is the minimum to go for without have to consider getting your arches rolled. Galla_4 had 18", was lowered 30mm and his offset was et42 all round. He had Toora Platinum T950 alloys like I did ;)

Tyres you need are 225/40/18 all around or you can go for a wider 255/35/18 rear tyre if you so wish.

@Wozza - if you modify a BMW (obviously depending on which one) it would be just as nice as the Lexus. But its personal taste at the end of day that makes modding fun :)

Just outta curiousity how wide is 255/35 18? I'm thinking wide tyres so much better on rear but when i checked in the old days the rear arches were triple skinned, how the hell would you cut em or roll them??? :unsure:

I asked myself this before....

I currently run 255/40x18 on 8.5J. You could run even wider rims with the correct offset on the back, loads of space going back inside the arch IMO.

Take it to WIM as they do Arch Rolling, or get them cut elsewhere (I had about 2-3mm removed for about a 80mm long in the middle of my rears)