Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Abs Light Flashing When Stationary

Whenever i am parked or stopped at the lights my ABS light is flashing rapidly but gos away when on the move, though the car brakes fine - not that i've dared braking hard.

My car is going into lexus on friday anyway but i just wanted to know if its something to majorly worry about.

Anybody got any ideas? No fault codes are being read by my scanguage.

• 1 month later...

Have you had any work done arount the area ie:brakes, wheel bearing any thing like that, the ABS sensor is very sensitive when I had my wheel bearing done last year the ABS light would come on and stay on for a while and then go out again it did this for a few days then went out completely and hasn't been back on since. Either that or the sensor may need replacing which i've been told is a very easy DIY job ;)

Ooops really should have posted the reason why mine was flashing. I had just fitted a scanguage 2 and if you plug it in while the engine is running the ABS light flashes when you are stationary. This is resolved once the car has been switched off and then on again. Still a little concerning that the scanguage is giving feedback to the ECU somehow, but i suppose it can clear codes so has to at some point.

Ooops really should have posted the reason why mine was flashing. I had just fitted a scanguage 2 and if you plug it in while the engine is running the ABS light flashes when you are stationary. This is resolved once the car has been switched off and then on again. Still a little concerning that the scanguage is giving feedback to the ECU somehow, but i suppose it can clear codes so has to at some point.

Funnily enough i have installed a scangauge 2 recently but i only started to see the flashing ABS light after I did a ECU reset yesterday while leaving the scangauge 2 plugged in!

Ill see how it goes without the scangauge 2 for a while and post the results here

Same here LOL, only happened after i unplugged to use on a mates car then replugged the thing!! I messed around a bit with plugging it in & out when ignition was either on or off and now the abs light is permanently off :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links