Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Rubber Required, Recommendations Please

recently fitted 4 x falken fk452s to my GS and spent a week in wales on country lanes and very wet roads .... Got to say handling grip and road noise excellent compared to my yokos .... Well chuffed at 72 each from camskill - fitted and balanced by local garage for 5.50 a tyre.

How have you found the Falkens in the wet - I replaced Bridgestones on my 530d with falkens and they were great in the dry, very low noise and well priced, BUT.... the grip in the wet was much reduced - don't know whether this is more of a trait with them being wide 275/18 on the BMW.

I quite fancy fitting these on my 250SE when the time comes, the Bridgestones are a bit noisy...

Al

I can only compare them with the yokos I had on before but they were much better than the yokos in the wet as well.

Didn't feel a single slip last week and it litterally peed it down all week and I've been driving in snodonia all week on tight country bends.

That's not to say they are comparable to bridgestones though as I've never driven the car on them.

So has anyone got any experiance of these Eagle F1 Asymetrics relative to the Bridgestone Protenzas ?

I need two new rears, so I am also in the market for new rubber :)

I've never had the Bridgestones on my car, but have driven several courtesy cars with them on and I hated them compared to the OEM Dunlops I used to have...........however, the Eagle F1 Asymmetrics I have now are in a completely different league compared to those two, grip levels are immense and there is much less road noise :)

I can only compare them with the yokos I had on before but they were much better than the yokos in the wet as well.

Didn't feel a single slip last week and it litterally peed it down all week and I've been driving in snodonia all week on tight country bends.

That's not to say they are comparable to bridgestones though as I've never driven the car on them.

Thanks for that, I think the Falkens were overwhelmed by the torque on the BM, but I thought they might be better suited on the IS.

In reply to the Goodyear F1's - a friend at work has them on a Focus ST and reckons they are the tops. Choice for me next time round will be Falken or Goodyear.

Hello All

I need to replace my two front tyres 225 40R18. I recently replaced my rear ones with Dunlop Sport Maxx, I was wondering if I can replace the front ones with Goodyear or Toyo? or do I need to replace with Dunlops only? The front ones currently run on dunlop

Many thanks in advance

From what I have read on blackcircles, it is not recommended to have directionals on the rear only, but it is ok to have them on the front. i.e. Asymetrical rear and directional front is OK, but not the other way round.

I am looking at some Goodyear F1 Asym tyres at the moment, but unsure as to whether to get all 4 done as I think there is a little more left on the fronts.