Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc And Engine Warning Light On

Hi,

I hope someone can help. My '95 GS300 has been running great but when I tried starting the car today the VSC on, VSC and engine warning lights came on. If I turn the engine off and then restart the VSC lights come on after pressing the accelorator.

There is no power either and the car only revs when I put the accelorator to the floor. I am unable to drive it to a garage to get a code due to lack of power.

Could anyone please offer some advice?

Leigh

must be a typo, sounds like your car is a mk2 GS. Anyway, it's gone into limp home mode to protect itself. It needs a diagnostics check done on the car to determine the exact cause. It needs to be towed or trailered I'm guessing to a garage, whether they be lexus or non lexus.

Sorry I meant '98 (S reg)

AA just been to take a look. He plugged in his diagnostic tool but it did not work so unable to get a fault code. He unplugged the Battery and that reset everything, its working ok now with no fualt lights on the dash. Not sure what the problem was.

Sorry I meant '98 (S reg)

AA just been to take a look. He plugged in his diagnostic tool but it did not work so unable to get a fault code. He unplugged the battery and that reset everything, its working ok now with no fualt lights on the dash. Not sure what the problem was.

still worth getting diagnostics at lexus run on it, to see if there isn't an underlying issue with the car.

mine had very similar problems and turned out to be the accelerator sensor.

Although Lexus sidcup have far from impressed me.... with constant shifting delivery times... tuesday for sure, thursday for sure.. maybe friday...

i hope to pick the car up today!!!!

less than impressed to be honest.. lets hope the valet is of good quality..

had £660 worth of work done too... two lower ball joints and the accelerator sensor!

car went in last thursday, had the problem diagnosed.. parts due to arrive and fit tues, half the parts turn up.. decide not to start job till all parts arrive (ball joints came first).. sensor does not arrive till thursday morning at which point they decide not to fit it and tell me that the will try to get it into the workshop at some point in afternoon.. still not done.. will be going there to get my car tonight..

not overly happy as i would have been able to sort a car if they had just told me it would be next friday.. had to spend a week on my ZX12R which is no fun in the pooring rain.. and its more thirsty than the lex! 400 miles worth..

got car back, feels much better now that the sensor has been changed out...

Big thanks to christopher at lexus sidcup though.. much better than the woman i had been dealing with!

Glad Christopher looked after you, and you are happy matey. He has always looked after my car,

(& roheel from LOC too) and even though my car is getting on a bit (2001) I still have it looked after

by Lexus Sidcup due to the great standards of service, and personal attention they have given me.

Maybe a nice comment in the Dealer Reviews Section is in order ?

(Lexus Sicup needs a review as currently there are none)

Yeh Chris is on the ball and helps out all the time. Even intro'd my mate who has a BM and is getting his car serviced there! Says it all really when BM owners are going to Lexus to get their car serviced

Thanks for replies.

AA chappie was unable to do a diagnostic check as his computer thingy would not read anything. Would Lexus use the same equipment?

Because the accelorator would not do anything unless you put it all the way to the floor (is this what happens in limp mode?), he suggested it could be the accelerator sensor as well.

Now that you have had a new one fitted, what difference have you noticed? Mine seemed ok driving to work this morning, which was after disconnecting the Battery.

my car feels a lot more responsive now, before the car had days when it seemed like the response time of the accelerator pedal to power at the wheels was not consistant.. almost hesitant.

The new one fitted feels excelent. Feel a lot more confident.. sure when you take the power away from the ecu for a bit it works again for a while but i had one day where it went into limp mode 5 times... just in time for its booked in appt with sidcup where they diagnosed it instantly.

you will need to go to lexus for the diagnostics though.. £65 for the check but worth it. part is about £166 plus fitting and programing.. doubtful that anyone else can do it without the lexus software..

Only problem i had with lexus sidcup was they started Valeting my car (just carpets and interior) but left exterior dirty and with oil and grease on wheels and bodywork..