Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Timing Belt Questions,pls Help

aragosta

Hi everyone,

I am going for my timing belt change very soon and hope that someone here can provide me with the Toyota part numbers for the items used. My mechanic says I need to get them myself from the shops.

IS200 2.0Auto (1G-FE)

TIMING BELT

TIMING BELT TENSIONER

TIMING BELT IDLER(Is this a bearing?)

WATER PUMP

What else can i change during this? PLs advice..thanks alot :blush:

hi.lexus do a kit which comes with all the pasts you need.the idler is a wheel with a bearring pressed into it.any good automotive supplier should be able to get a w pump for you or lexus.make sure you have all the parts before taking your car in as delays can be a pain.cheers

Thanks alot for the information bros... Over here, Lexus do not have a kit readily as they discourage doing the timing belt change eleswhere. I am actually gonna get it from a authorized toyota parts supplier and need the part numbers to make sure.

Anyone here thinks I should changed the engine mount/bushings? My car has travelled 120000KM!!

Thanks alot guys for the help. I've just managed to get all the parts needed and everythings done. In total i changed 7 items.

Timing Belt

Timing Tensioner

Timing Idler

V-belt Generator

Air-con Belt

P.steering Belt

Water Pump

And not forgetting the many litres of Toyota 'long life' coolant for a complete radiaor flush.Phew! This is one major service!! :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links