Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone updated their Satnav DVD on the second generation IS? My car is going in to Lexus Cheltenham this week under the fuel pipe recall so I thought I'd get a satnav update at the same time, but was told they don't have an update listed for my VIN. Thought this was strange as my car is one of the first manufactured in 2005 and the updates are usually every 18 months or so.

On the recall I was asked if I wanted a courtesy car, so I said yes, the IS-F in the showroom would be good :lol: Needless to say my suggestion caused some hilarity, so I'll just have to be happy with the free petrol, champagne and a borrowed 250 :shifty: .

Tango,

You need to go here ....

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

Then type in your current DVD number. You can get this off your current DVD, which means you'll have to remove it but I managed it on mine without any problems. When you enter you number you get the price of the update and you can check the new coverage, as compared to your version. I'm waiting another year, as €159 is a bit steep right now.

Tango,

You need to go here ....

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

Then type in your current DVD number. You can get this off your current DVD, which means you'll have to remove it but I managed it on mine without any problems. When you enter you number you get the price of the update and you can check the new coverage, as compared to your version. I'm waiting another year, as €159 is a bit steep right now.

On another thread i mentioned that i was having a bit of a barney with my dealer (whats new) around early 2007 i think it was, concerning the sat nav disc in my car which i bought in may 2006. I eventually got them to replace the disc with a newer version for free as the other one was absolute crap in ireland. So in answer to your query there must be an update for yours as i got one and my car is newer. Hope you get a free one. :winky:

How do you get the DVD out? not even sure where it is, got to update my, my have part of the new A1 missing near weatherby area... ;) ;) ;)

The DVD is behind the clock binnacle, which you have to remove to access the disk. To remove the clock binnacle you have to use the 2 prongs supplied in your toolkit. Mine came out pretty easily. You need to give the tools a firm push with your thumb as they depress the retaining clips of the clock binnacle. Once you've done that, you need to insert a wide flat blade screwdriver into the notch located on the underside of the hazard flasher button and pull. (I actually gave it a helping hand by pulling the screwdriver with my left hand and the tool on the right side of the binnacle with my right hand). You can then eject the Satnav DVD using the menus in your MM system. All of this is detailed in your Satnav user guide.

Hope this helps.

Guys just checked my Sat nav Dvd, 86271-53030 2005-2006 Ver.1 Europe A, and tried on the update web site, and it say there a update disc 03 & 05 CY Toyota & Lexus DVD Europe, is this the latest update? Chris

maybe able to answer this, surely 03 & 05 CY dont mean the years? otherwise it wont be an upgrade but a downgrade to me hehe.... can anyone confirmed that 03 & 05 CY update disc is the latest update please! thank...

Regards

Maz

Guys just checked my Sat nav Dvd, 86271-53030 2005-2006 Ver.1 Europe A, and tried on the update web site, and it say there a update disc 03 & 05 CY Toyota & Lexus DVD Europe, is this the latest update? Chris

maybe able to answer this, surely 03 & 05 CY dont mean the years? otherwise it wont be an upgrade but a downgrade to me hehe.... can anyone confirmed that 03 & 05 CY update disc is the latest update please! thank...

Regards

Maz

Hi Maz,

My 2008 IS250 has Satnav disk 2007-2008 version 1.0

Pity the Lexus Satnav does not have Speed camera info and cant be updated with this info. Most other Satnavs can be updated.

I drive the Lexus 250SE with Satnav and a Garmin on my dash just for the speed camera warnings. So don't buy the Lexus with Satnav it's a wast of bucks just get a Garmin it's better. I cant understand Lexus mentality, the most needed feature of a satnav in a car and they omit it. Portable Satnav sales have soared just because of the speed camera warning function, it save one thousands of bucks in fines and helps keep down inflation caused mostly by high fuel prices and speed fines.

BMW can bu updated with Speed Camera locations and I believe Audi as well. I believe some people get copies and updates from China ( Pirated ) and also you can send your disk for duplication to a place in China as well as Holland and get 10 copies for a small fee. The very high cost of upgrading Satnav disks are creating a lucrative and worthwhile market for pirates.

I'm getting the DVD update today while the car is in the dealer for the fuel pipe TSIB....although I'm questioning my decision at the moment as the 2008 IS250 SE they've given me as a loaner didn't recognise my address whereas the 2005 disk did :unsure: . That's presuming this 2008 car has the latest version.

I'm getting the DVD update today while the car is in the dealer for the fuel pipe TSIB....although I'm questioning my decision at the moment as the 2008 IS250 SE they've given me as a loaner didn't recognise my address whereas the 2005 disk did :unsure: . That's presuming this 2008 car has the latest version.

Have a look at the version on screen, or whip the dvd out itself and have a looksy?

im tempting to get the update disc, but at £129, i dont want to get it if its worse than the one i have, and my have part of A1 missing.....which version do you have Tango?

im tempting to get the update disc, but at £129, i dont want to get it if its worse than the one i have, and my have part of A1 missing.....which version do you have Tango?

Don't really know :blush: but my 250 was one of the first in the country so guess it's a revision or two out of date.

I picked my car up today after having the fuel pipe TSIB sorted but still have the original Satnav DVD as was told the new rev is on back order...should be here in around 5 days time. Price is £120 inc. vat but before the Gold discount.

Quite impressed with the way the Cheltenham dealership dealt with the TSIB...when I picked up the car it was fueled to the brim, valeted and a bottle of French Champagne on the passenger seat. Had a free 2008 IS250 SE with MM for the day too, but glad to get back in mine, as I'd forgotten how hot it can get in a car with only factory tints. The A/C doesn't have to work so hard in mine :whistling: .

Nice one matey, very good service from your dealer...well done.. :) :) :)

also let me know which version of the disc you have once you get it, or maybe i should ask my Lexus dealer too... ;) ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Drew, you have to go through the DVD menu on the touch screen.

I think it's behind "menu" or "info", then DVD and there should be a "eject" button.

BTW, when mine was in for maintenance I got a replacement and the 4-DVD box 2007-2008 was in the glove box. No need to say that I took all discs for a spin in my computer if you know what i mean ;-)

There were 4 discs: Europe North, Europe West, Europe East and a Lexus Maintenance (or was it Evaluation) disc.

Drew, you have to go through the DVD menu on the touch screen.

I think it's behind "menu" or "info", then DVD and there should be a "eject" button.

BTW, when mine was in for maintenance I got a replacement and the 4-DVD box 2007-2008 was in the glove box. No need to say that I took all discs for a spin in my computer if you know what i mean ;-)

There were 4 discs: Europe North, Europe West, Europe East and a Lexus Maintenance (or was it Evaluation) disc.

that sounds good but would they work, are they not protected files, 2: is the update worth it, 3: do have copies! for backup, off course :whistling: :shutit: :shutit: :shutit:

my email address

In the US, they are saying they can switch off the "I Agree" button within the menu's.

Can you do this on the UK version? I would be surprised but fingers crossed...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links