Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is Hybrid, Is It Real?

Guys despite searching everywhere on this forum I would like to know if anyone has heard anything about a possible IS hybrid?

I read on the internet that some guy from Toyota/Lexus stated in a news conference that every model will have a hybrid version but I;m not sure when or indeed if it is a reality.

I'm thinking of buying a used 250 as they are plumetting here in Switzerland, fully equipped 10 month old models with 10,000KM (~6000 miles) at 25% less than the new price (CHF48,000 /Euros 33,000/£22,000) Not bad right?

I have a vague memory of a mention of a hybrid IS around 2010 but I can't remember where I heard it. If I keep my IS220 that long then thats what I'd go for so I'm interested to find out too.

It's all still rumours at this stage, but I've heard that there won't be an IS hybrid, but there will be a standalone hybrid model to sit between the IS and GS..........as to how true that is, I have no idea :unsure:

on my last service about 8 weeks ago i asked if there was going to be another or a replacement engine for the diesel IS and was told no as they are going to bring out a hybrid IS apparently toyota/lexus have just brought 2 more Battery manufacturers in japan

may have been a pack of lie's but service guy had been on training day the day before my service

It makes sense that there would be a hybrid only model between the IS and the GS. Isn't the ES sold in the US the same as a Toyota Camry in all but looks but comes with the option of hybrid?

• 3 months later...

Why don't they just bite the bullet and get a world class diesel engine together? Honda did it no problems.

It would really benefit the IS, and they could use it in the Avensis too.

I wonder how many sales they lose to BMW because of the IS220 engine (from what I've read) not quite being up to the standard of the rest of the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links