Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels

I have just searched through and read lots of bits and pieces about the wheel situation. But just want to clarify how I should go about approaching my dealer.

My car is a year old, and I am not impressed with the condition of the wheels at all, car is cleaned with soapy hand job every weekend if it needs it or not.

I guess I just take car to dealer and point at wheels - what approach have other people taken and how sucessful ?

Should I ask for Service or a Sales person ?

Anything I should do / say, that ensures they sort my wheels ?

What about a small mark on one wheel ( kerb parking ), will I be expected to pay something towards the new wheels ?

Do they supply new or refurbished wheels ?

Roughly how long from first mentioning it, to actually having new wheels on the car ?

Can they swap the wheels and tyres while you wait ?

Has anyone tried to keep the old wheels ? ( maybe paying something for them ? )

Has anyone asked about getting 18" wheels instead of the 17" ones and paying the difference ?

Anyone else managed to get new wheels on a year old car ?

IF the same thing happens to new wheels, will I be covered under warrenty for new wheels again in another years time ?

See responses in Caps below.......

I have just searched through and read lots of bits and pieces about the wheel situation.  But just want to clarify how I should go about approaching my dealer.

My car is a year old, and I am not impressed with the condition of the wheels at all,  car is cleaned with soapy hand job every weekend if it needs it or not.

I guess I just take car to dealer and point at wheels - what approach have other people taken and how sucessful ?

- JUST TAKE IT IN AS THEY ARE ALL AWARE OF THE PITTING ALLOYS ISSUE...

- SHOULDN'T MATTER

- NOT REALLY...

What about a small mark on one wheel ( kerb parking ), will I be expected to pay something towards the new wheels ?

- DOESN'T MATTER (2 OUT OF 4 OF MINE WERE KERBED)

- REFURBED...

Roughly how long from first mentioning it,  to actually having new wheels on the car ?

- AS SOON AS THEY HAVE THEM AND ITS CONVINIENT FOR YOU TO BE BOOKED IN

- DOUBT IT, WHAT WITH SWAPPING TYRES AND BALANCING ETC

- DUNNO, ASK AND FIND OUT

Has anyone asked about getting 18" wheels instead of the 17" ones and paying the difference ?

- DUNNO EITHER... ASK AGAIN

- MINE WAS OVER 2 YEARS OLD....

IF the same thing happens to new wheels, will I be covered under warrenty for new wheels again in another years time ?

- SHOULD BE YES

See my answers in blue below this was done yesterday at the Edgeware dealer:

Very successful

I mentioned it as part of my service to the service dept.

not really

I also had a small kerb mark on one wheel.

Didn't ask

Roughly how long from first mentioning it, to actually having new wheels on the car ?

As part of arranging the service about 5 days from calling.

Not sure

don't know

don't know

see above

yes

Yep. I would agree with the guys above.

I simply rang the Service department, explained that my wheels on my X reg IS200 were coroding and refurbished ones were fitted within the week. They actually sent a mobile fitter out to my work to do it. Incidently my old wheels were quite badly curbed - including the spare.

I considered asking about paying extra to get the 18" alloys. But sadly bottled it! I felt it might be frowned upon.

Overall very impressed with the service.

Now to get the brake calipers replaced!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links