Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Sawps

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has had tyres sawpped about alloys, just bought a set of 4 standard Lex wheels from eBay as mine are totally corroded and refudbing is a bit pricey, only of 1 of the wheels has a legal tyre so I need to swap the other 3 tyres that I have on my car now with the new alloys anybody know how much this will cost to swap tyres on 3 alloys wheels, and balance them up? I'm in Hull so any recommandations would be ace.

Also just seen the post with Lexus locking wheels nuts they dont seem very safe if you can just stick a socket on em on pull em off! Does everyone recomend swapping to McGard ones or are lexy ones pretty okay?

Any help would appreiciated.

Thanks guys!!

Karl

ps will stick some pics up one new wheels are fitted and car all cleaned up!

Yup, just call a round a few of the non-chain tyre places. Kwik-fit won't fit tyres they didn't supply so they are a non starter. The place I use in Derby is £5 per wheel for 17" and below, the 18's on my GS cost £10 including disposal and balancing etc.

The McGard locking wheel nuts won't guarantee your wheels are safe, like pretty much any other locking wheel nut. I'm not aware of any that are not removable with a sockets and brute force. I think they are more a deterent for a "quick" theft, if someone really wants them, they will be able to get the lockers off with the right tools.

Yup, just call a round a few of the non-chain tyre places. Kwik-fit won't fit tyres they didn't supply so they are a non starter.

They will as long as the tyres are new, they won't fit used tyres. Pricing is around £40 / tyre though (including balancing and new valves).

Yup, just call a round a few of the non-chain tyre places. Kwik-fit won't fit tyres they didn't supply so they are a non starter.

They will as long as the tyres are new, they won't fit used tyres. Pricing is around £40 / tyre though (including balancing and new valves).

Thanks guys got them done yesterday at Brit Tyre Sales in Hull £10 per tyre. all balanced etc.

Lovely jubbly

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links