Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Got Round To Painting The Calipers

Looks good, I've been meaning to do the same to mine since I bought the car.

I will make extra effort this summer :P

Good job :)

Nice one. Where can I buy these decals from though? are they still available? :|

E-bay matey about £8 and you get spares in case you f :tsktsk: k it up but there really easy to apply :D

Linky:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...rksid=p3907.m29

Sorry :) should of mentioned that they are available through LOC, the ones on eBay are slightly curved to follow the line of the caliper and the LOC ones are straight like the Lexus badge so it's just a matter of preference.

If you PM sorted vti on here, he can provide them for you. I just took delivery of a set of curved, chrome decals for £8 which arrived within 2 days of payment. May as well keep it 'in-house' and help a fellow LoC member out :winky:

Sweet , spent ages watching your avatar and giggling my ***** off . Nice .

.... but i'm not sure what colour to do them

red look good on a black IS200 :whistling:

post-22839-1205597514.jpg

post-22839-1205597575.jpg

obviously your car will only look like this with a wheel refurb :lol:

just to let u know i got some new wheels :)

2554846893_7ecda10325.jpg

i'm liking the yellow......

missus don't like red

black your not really going to noitce....

should i go for yellow

I say YES :winky: if mine was Black i would :)

Painted mine today. Hardly original but I went for red on my blue IS200 Sport. Took me pretty much all day (and 6 cups of tea) to apply 3 coats of Hammerite and I've still got the chrome decals to put on! I was sat in direct sunlight all day so I'm slightly burnt and was sweating my taters off but the paint dried really quickly so that helped, though I had to keep stirring the pot and dropping the brushes back into turps when not using them. Everything went brilliantly until right near the end when someone shouted to ask me a question. As I turned to answer I kicked my tin of paint over and the path outside my house now looks like the aftermath of a gangland shoot-out! :duh:

It got worse. I had a go at scrubbing the the paint off with some turps and a brush yesterday and it didn't do much. I saw how much it stood out today and decided that I needed to get rid of it so I got the pressure washer out and gave it a blast.... removing a layer of tarmac all around the stain! Not only that but the stain is as bright as ever!

Looking up and down the street, the pathway is pretty much unblemished so my old man will not be pleased! I called the council to see what could be done but, true to form they didn't answer and I had to leave a message.

• 3 weeks later...
It got worse. I had a go at scrubbing the the paint off with some turps and a brush yesterday and it didn't do much. I saw how much it stood out today and decided that I needed to get rid of it so I got the pressure washer out and gave it a blast.... removing a layer of tarmac all around the stain! Not only that but the stain is as bright as ever!

Looking up and down the street, the pathway is pretty much unblemished so my old man will not be pleased! I called the council to see what could be done but, true to form they didn't answer and I had to leave a message.

I wet meself at your tale!

I hope you told the council that, er, a passerby dropped the paint, only they will come and get the money for the clean up off you otherwise! :crybaby:

Is there anyone on here nifty enough with photoshop to create a few different colour schemes for the caliper conundrum out of the pics posted above? Yellow calipers on a blue IS200 for starters, followed by red calipers, and then blue to match the car would be good. Well, it would certainly help me anyway :whistling: