Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brand Newbie

Wow!

The depth of knowledge to be found here is incredible! Thank you all. I was so impressed that I just had to sign up right away.

I've owned my 1992 ls400 for 11 years and have had most of the normal probs associated w/ it : bad a/c lcd, leaking p/s pump (never replaced just fill w/trans stop leak once a month), rear diff leaking, and the big one : sputtering, dying, jerking, hi/low rpm out of control engine.

I came across this board for another problem, but had to join in order to share my particular fix for the above prob. Once I did it, it was fixed for good (so far).

What I did was to strip and rewire the wire harness at the left side hinge in the trunk, or boot as our UK friends say.

That's it!

Just wanted to share a cheap fix that worked for me.

Your mileage may vary.

Anyway thanks again to all and hello!

Thanks my friends, for the warm welcome. Truly this is an awesome site.

I always enjoy reading my mates from the UK replies as they are always so well written, on point, and make good common sense (in most cases, a few dark brews notwitstanding). :D

Wait awhile, and I may tip a few myself, and 'stop making sense' as the the old Talking Heads tune goes.

Bye the bye, can anyone point me to a thread that deals with ---- A) drivers seat goes cockeyed when one uprights it, and

B ) Where may one pick up a heater control valve in the U.S. (probs w/ the A/C not cooling well). The only place I can find one is the dealer which wants $166US for a $40US part.

Thanks once again...