Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Management Light & Flashing Traction Control

Hi All,

As i was driving home in the sunshine this afternoon the engine management light came on along with a flashing traction control llight. The came seems to be running normally without any strange noises...

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Many thanks

Hi, Mine did the same a few weeks ago, posted on here with come back of possible Coil Pack or 02 Sensor.

Car was running fine, economy exactly the same.

I re-set the ECU and it has not come back on, I would say a good 3 weeks ago.

I would say the ECU was having a 'moment'.

Hi Guy,

Thanks for the reply guys.. I read through some old threads and the coil pack seems to come up quite frequently when the ECU light comes on. Probably best if i get it properly diagnosed like Stav said. I 'll drop it of at the Garage tomorrow.

Just out of interest, if i wanted to reset the ECU, is it a matter of just disconnecting the Battery and leaving it for some time?

Thanks!

Just out of interest, if i wanted to reset the ECU, is it a matter of just disconnecting the battery and leaving it for some time?

disconnect the Battery for 15 mins does it or you can do the following.....

Make sure the ignition is turned off

Open the Bonnet

Remove the engine bay fuse box cover

Remove the 20Amp/25Amp EFI fuse

Remove the 15Amp ETCS fuse

Wait 30 seconds

Re-insert the two fuses

Install the fuse box cover

Close the Bonnet

Remember to only do this after you have had the codes read or you will lose the fault codes stored in the ECU.

As Aaron mentioned, it does sound like O2 Sensor or Coilpack

hows it go?

Just found out that there's some oil in the throttle body! The oil has been cleaned out and the light has gone off but the garage reckons its only a matter of time before it comes back. So i should start looking for a throttle body.

Oil from where ?

Have you checked the Air Filter Breather ?

You might need an oil catch tank.

Hi Wozza,

I wish i was as good with the technical aspects of the car as I am with IT stuff... I will find out more when i pick it up this evening. I have had a rather bumpy adventure with the IS so far!

Well i got the car back yesterday. A valve in the throttle body got stuck instead of opening and closing as it should apparently. Anyways it got cleaned out and lubricated and problem went away.

What i do notice is that the car is so much more reponsive than before. Another thing i noticed this morning was the rev counter when the car is started from cold. I have used a 4 cars before buying the IS, on every single one, when the car is started from cold, the revs start quite high 1500rpm and then gradually go down to 500rpm once the engine warms up.

Before the trip to the Garage, my IS when started from cold goes straight down to around 350-400 rpm, but now it behaves like all the other car's i've had. I thought it was a lexus thing with the low rpm at start up so didnt think too much of it.

How does your IS behave at start up?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just wondering if there was any update on this as mine is doing the same but it is also running like a tractor, at low revs it feels like it will cut out at any moment, and performance is practically 0.

I had a fault the other week with it where it was a p1300 code fault which turned out to be coil bank 1, I had that replaced and all was fine, but now this starts.

The thing I dont get is that when the first coil bank went, I had no warning lights, now this starts and I have a flashing ECS and TRC OFF light.

No real faults in all my 5 years of having this car then all hell breaks loose in a month.