Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Serviced Car Now Runs Like A Bag Of Spanners

Hi,

Got a bit of a problem with my MK1.

Decided to give the old girl a service on saturday while the weather was nice....Took the Battery off and fitted new plugs, rotor arm, oil, air filter ect.

I could not fit my new O2 sensors because i didnt order a flange kit, so i gave the old ones a clean with electrical contact cleaner and i also cleaned the MAF.

Hooked up the Battery and :crying: Car runs like crap, loads of black smoke and would not tick over,the engine light also came on. I ran it for a few mins and turned it off incase i ruined the cat.

Maybe bad plugs i thought so i took them out :tsktsk: they were all black with soot and put the old ones back in.....just the same.

Just wondering if i have ruined the O2 sensors or the MAF by "cleaning" them? I tried running the car with the MAF disconnected but no change.....the car is running way to rich.

Anyone got any ideas on this? How do you get fault codes off the MK1?

If it aint broke dont fix it springs to mind :whistling:

Oh dear! you silly person. I would be more aggresive but I am not willing taking the risk of being banned, you should not have sprayed anything on the O2 sensors. As you have they are now FOOKED. If they were ok before you did the death treatment then you should have left them alone.

Tis now going to cost you to rep[lace them, they are sensistive items, they are like women.

I will not go on about them but that is your cause. YOU HAVE O2 SENSORS THAT ARE NOW U/S

replace them and it will sort your probs out. could cost £70 each or £25 each dependind upon which type you have..

Oh dear! you silly person.

No real need for name calling mate. You can get your point across about the O2 sensors without needing to do it. :shutit:

Oh dear! you silly person. I would be more aggresive but I am not willing taking the risk of being banned, you should not have sprayed anything on the O2 sensors. As you have they are now FOOKED. If they were ok before you did the death treatment then you should have left them alone.

Tis now going to cost you to rep[lace them, they are sensistive items, they are like women.

I will not go on about them but that is your cause. YOU HAVE O2 SENSORS THAT ARE NOW U/S

replace them and it will sort your probs out. could cost £70 each or £25 each dependind upon which type you have..

Yes, i know ive been silly :crybaby: i just got carried away. Im a bit of a newbie at this kind of thing.

Ive got two new O2 sensors here ready to fit but im waiting for the flange adaptors to be delivered.

So you guys think its the O2 sensors? i hope so.

Read the codes and it turns out to be the MAF sensor thats buggered :shutit:

Strange that these cars cant run with the maf unplugged.....my st24 and e39 528 would both work with the maf unplugged, but not this.

Trying to source one now.