Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:: Japan North 2008 @ Haigh Hall In Wigan ::

JapanNorthLogo.png

Dear all,

First off, last year we organised the Japanese Car Show held at Haigh Hall in Wigan, named Japan North...

Well, this year it's back - Japan North 2008 is set to be even better, with some outstanding raffle prizes and metal on display. I'm not going to give too much away just yet with regards to the prizes but all I can say is that the winners will be rather lucky once again!

The date is Sunday 17th August 2008 and Haigh Hall being the venue again.

Here is the Club Link from last year's event for some past information:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=42784&st=0

Here are some images from last year's event:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...2784&st=260

I have set up Facebook Event and Group pages for both last year's and this year's events so please take a look and join them if you can:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13809992074

It would be great if we could attend as a club and get an official presence from us. If you wish to attend this year, please place your name in this post below, listing your:

Name:

Forum Name:

Vehicle:

Please note this year we will be asking for donations upon entry to the venue, which will be placed toward charity. All funds raised last year were also donated to several charities, including Butterflies, the Wigan charity dedicated to the underprivileged children in our area.

It would be appreciated if you could make your friends aware of the event so that we gain much more publicity and interest as we all know that a show's popularity grows from word-of-mouth and with this being so local (rather than in Scotland or way down South) this would help greatly!

I hope to see both faces and cars that came along last year and new ones that will attend this year...

If you would like to ask any questions then fire away...

Thanks again and I hope to see you there,

Kind regards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendees List:

1. Alex (one way or another)
    BigAl
  2. John Finch
    Finchy
    IS200
  3. Chris Shipley
    Chris.S
    IS200 SE
  4. Marc Stavert
    Sparkystav
    IS200
  5. Rory Roberts
    Rory
    IS200
  6. Chris G
    Aztecbandit1
    IS200 Sport
  7. Brian Tomlin
    TUFF1
    IS200 SE
  8. Dean R
    Deanorow
    IS200 Turbo
  9. Paul Proudfoot
    Soundchaser100
    LS400
  10. Matt Wilding
    wigan_matt
    Lexis IS 200 Sport
  11. Greeny
    Anthony Green
    Lexis IS 200
  12. Iceman67
    Neil Griffiths
    IS200 Sport

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to go but as you have seen i'm kind of lexusless

You dont have to have a lex to go it is for everyone and anyone matey

I will hopefully join in the fun Jamie but will let you know nearer the time

You know me!

IS200 freshly Valeted

Do you have any flyers printed off Jamie? the sooner we get them in the car windows and in a few shops, the better :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everyone,

Just wanted to check if we have any more attendees from this club?

We had quite a good turn out last year so had hoped we could manage the same this year!

The raffle prizes are most impressive once again this year and we will also have trophies on offer...

Website Launch:

The Japan North website has been launched, which will be offering all the latest information on the show, along with raffle prizes, attendance and other detail:

www.JapanNorth.co.uk

Raffle:

We have had even more fantastic prizes been offered to the show from supporting companies recently and all these will be announced shortly, both on the website and on the forums.

Trophies:

We will be giving away a selection of Trophies this year for the following:

• Best I.C.E.
  • Show & Shine
  • Club Attendance

There will be three forms on the raffle Stand on the day of the show, which you may complete to enter into either the "Best ICE" or "Show & Shine". These will be drawn later in the day, along with the "Club Attendance" trophy, which will be chosen based on the most impressive club stand presence.

Event Sponsors:

We have had some more support from companies for the event recently, which includes Andy at www.Just-Nissan.co.uk - He is sponsoring the event this year and contributing toward its development.

All the best,

Jamie

Please note this year we will be asking for donations upon entry to the venue, which will be placed toward charity. All funds raised last year were also donated to several charities, including Butterflies, the Wigan charity dedicated to the underprivileged children in our area.

So how much did we raise for charity last year :question: coz it dont seem to mention anything about it anywhere.

Well, for those that attended and kindly supported the event last year, we managed to raise just under £1000, but my family and I made up the remainder to hit the target, which was then distributed between:

Butterflies

Christies Hospice

Childline North West

Wigan & Leigh Hospice

This was published in our local newspapers and I also received thank you letters from the above mentioned charities, which was wonderful.

Thanks to everyone for their support,

Jamie

Does seem a very small amount to be raised after all the effort, press coverage and the turn out last year. :o

However we don't know the costs and expenses etc...... I'm sure this year will be better! :D

Hello,

None of the public were charged for attending last year and no donations were asked for. The money raised covered our security, venue, adverts etc - not forgetting the public liability insurance. All mounts up sadly and no exceptions can be made whether it is for charity or not! Everything made past this was proudly presented to our charities.

I have been raising money for charities and individuals since I was aged seven, along with numerous awards and recognitions both with the Police Force, the BBC, ITV, Ch5 and Esther Ranson of Childline (of which I was the Ambassador of)... So, if you think that there is some untoward doing then I assure you that you are mistaken... I have a lot of evidence and happy people who's lives have been changed for the better. With that aside, I think I've got a grip on how to raise awareness and that I'm very much trustworthy.

If anyone is concerned by what has been said then feel free to contact me and I will openly provide details on my past charity and individual money raising.

Thanks again,

Jamie

Hi Brian,

Long time no type :)

Hope you are well and will be good to see you at the show again this year. I've added you to the list in the first post of this thread.

-----------

Barry or John, whereabouts in the country are the LOC banners? Would it be possible to get these to the event?

Kind regards,

Jamie

alright ill be there one way or tother hopefully up north on the sat so we can have a drink b4 but my have to come up from

cambridge,

need to speak with you soon but i know u aint here so ring me

::: MAJOR UPDATES :::

Attendees:

Nissan will be attending with a selection of their new vehicles, including their Nissan 350Z Coupe, Nissan 350Z Cabriolet, Nissan Navara and possibly the Nissan Murano.

ALSO

I have Mitsubishi in attendance with their brand new Mitsubishi Evo X.

In both instances the cars will be viewable to those attending the show!

I am yet to confirm this but I MAY be able to bring along the lovely new Subaru... Watch this space ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raffle Prizes:

Okay, after many generous donations to the show from the companies attending (and some that aren't), please find below a list of the prizes and sponsors available at Japan North 2008's Raffle...

1. Clifford Concept 650 Alarm System ------------------------ Supplied & Fitted by K & M Acoustics
  2. £250 Adrian Flux Insurance Vouchers --------------------- Supplied by Adrian Flux Insurers
  3. £200 Subaru Service ---------------------------------------- Supplied by ScoobyTeknix UK
  4. Flying Lesson ------------------------------------------------ Supplied by JustNissan.co.uk
  5. Chill Factor E Snow Slope Family Pass -------------------- Supplied by Chill Factor E at Manchester Trafford Centre Complex
  6. Subaru Spoiler ---------------------------------------------- Supplied by ScoobyTeknix UK
  7. Haydock Thistle --------------------------------------------- Supplied by Haydock Thistle Hotel
  8. Chester Zoo Family Pass ----------------------------------- Supplied by Chester Zoo
  9. £100 WheelQuick Voucher --------------------------------- Supplied by WheelQuick
  10. Knowsely Safari Park Family Pass ------------------------- Supplied by Knowsley Safari Park
  11. Camelot Theme Park Pass --------------------------------- Supplied by Camelot Theme Park
  12. Haigh Hall Carvery Dinner ---------------------------------- Supplied by Haigh Hall
  13. Puncture Repair Kit ----------------------------------------- Supplied by Puncture Safe
  14. Knowsely Safari Park Family Pass ------------------------- Supplied by Knowsley Safari Park
  15. Autoglym Valet Package ----------------------------------- Supplied by Autoglym UK
  16. Alton Towers Tickets x 4 ----------------------------------- Supplied by Alton Towers

The above list is not exhaustive and may be added to depending upon other companies. As such, the order of the prizes may be adjusted. The prizes will be confirmed before the show and will be visible on the day of the show.

For tickets, please contact raffle@japannorth.co.uk and place "Raffle Tickets" into the subject.

Finally, if there are any additional attendees please post NOW as the show is nearing and I need to gain solid information on club capacity.