Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:: Japan North 2008 @ Haigh Hall In Wigan ::

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pictures!

It was a good show - I only got there later but nice to meet a few of the LOC people :)

Ah so you were the gentleman i was talking to about the wheels.

You should have introduced yourself and mentioned your username.

Was good to meet you anyway.

my car's not that clean lol

You keep saying that, but really it is!

Good afternoon everyone,

Well, what a fantastic result. Without your presence at the show and contributions to the day, it wouldn't have been the show it turned out to be.

No matter what size of club, large or small, each person that attended helped make the day a success and I thank you all for that.

Not forgetting the marshals and team that helped out on the day - it couldn't have been accomplished without them!

I hope you all liked some of the cars I arranged to be there, including the Nissan GTR, Evo X and Honda Integra DC5 Touring Car :)

As you all know, the day was a tad moist in places and sadly, this is one element I cannot control (however, the chinese have mastered methods of precipitation so maybe they can help? :) )

The raffle prizes and tickets that were drawn on the day can be found on the website at www.JapanNorth.co.uk/raffle.html

The competitions on the day were awarded to:

Show & Shine - Mazda MX-5 from MX5-Nutz - This was sponsored and chosen by Demon Tweeks on the day after really struggling to decide upon a winner. The reason he chose the MX-5 was due to the complete dedication to keeping every inch of the car spotless, in particular the engine bay and ancillaries. The judge did want me to highlight though that the quality was outstanding and he was gutted to have to turn down so many of the entries.

Best I.C.E. - Nissan 350Z from 350Z-UK - This was sponsored and chosen by K and M Acoustics. Same story here, he spent a large part of the day trying to choose between so many fantastic entries. Eventually he chose the Nissan 350Z due to not only the quality of the audio, but the way in which it had been seamlessly into the car. Again, he had to weigh up between both ends of the scale from full on installs, through to almost OEM quality setups.

Best Club Stand - Lancashire & District Subaru Owners Club - This was sponsored and judged by Andy of Just Nissan. Due to the overall presentatation and organisation of the stand, the LADSOC was chosen as the winner of this trophy and it was presented to the team by Andy.

Keep an eye out in the magazines as Banzai and Japanese Performance promised coverage and details have been sent to them. If I find out before yourselves, I'll post up the details for you all. Max Power have already published an article to their website here: http://www.maxpower.co.uk/article.asp?asset=7452 and http://www.maxpower.co.uk/gallery.asp?asset=7455

I'll be hovering around the forum for some time and if you ever want to ask anything regarding the show or anything else feel free to get in touch ;)

From the raffle, stand entries and donations, we raised a total of £1850 which is being donated to Christie's Hospital, Childline Northwest, Wigan & Leigh Hospice and Butterflies.

Once again, may I thank you for all your help in making the show a success and hope to see you at next year's Japan North - 2009!

DemonTweeksLogosm.png

Demon Tweeks are offering a very nice offer indeed to all those that attended the show - so make sure you take advantage of this for the one week that it is valid!

Dear Japan North show visitor,

As a visitor of the Japan North show, Demon Tweeks would like to extend it's show special offer to you for this week only.

We are offering show discounts on products purchased this week only (including fitting and/or tracking), and if it's over £50.00 we'll also post it to you free of charge.

To take advantage of this offer, all orders must be placed through myself on 01978 663 024 or email MarcC@demon-tweeks.co.uk, quoting ref JN08.

We can only offer this for one week, so please contact me before the end of next Tuesday 26th (Monday is a Bank Holiday) if you would like to place an order, or alternatively visit our showroom on Mon 25th Aug.

Thanks, and hope to speak to you soon.

Regards,

Marc Coward - Showroom Sales

www.demon-tweeks.co.uk

DIUKLogo.PNG

Additionally, the photographic company for the day, Digital Image UK have published their photographs to their site for review and purchase.

http://www.digitalimageuk.com/gallery/Website/JPN/index.html

If you would like to purchase an image then please call 01228 514 665 to place your order.

Many thanks,

Jamie