Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windows Xp Question

MacRS200

Hi all

My PC has recently started to act like the "click lock" is enabled on the mouse. Normal right click and it locks so you can drag and drop without holding the mouse button down. I've checked the mouse settings in control panel and it is disabled there.

It is driving me mental, is there any other way of enabling this like a keyboard short cut or even a registry setting that I can edit to get rid of it?

Thanks to anyone out there that can help.

Cheers

Neil

is it in an area affected by bright sunlight. Not seen it affect the lock, but often the light reflection causes the mouse not to work properly. Depending on if you are using an optical based or mechancial based the light can impact the working. Unusual for it to affect click lock, but you never know. Also change batteries if there are any.

It could be a physical fault - does it happen all the time?

Scroll lock isn't stuck on is it? This causes the mouse stickies to mess up sometimes. You can force it off with CTRL-ALT-SCROLL LOCK (or ScrLk)

When it happens, press Left shift, Left ALT, numlock and click on the settings so you can see if they have switched on within windows.

If still no luck then try the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility

Set the Flags value to 58 under MouseKeys to disable them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links