Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a question. Today i had test driven a IS 250 just today and i was impressed with it. However it's fuel consumption is quite big, well at least i consider 11 liter/100km quite much considering current fuel prices paying 1.25 € per liter here in Europe. So I've asked the seller what would happen if i would like to install LPG, he said i would loose warannty on parts used in conversion to LPG, but not to other parts. So I would like to know Your expiriences with LPG in IS and is it truth or not truth that engine wear would be that big that it wouldn't go till 100000km. Normally i do about 40000km per year. Would LPG damage te IS engine quickly or i shouldn't be too much worryed about having LPG driven car?

Thx in advance

I don't think anyone on here has installed LPG on a mk2 IS, which is why no one has anything to say!

However, there are quite a few LPGd mk1 IS200s and I also know of at least one GS and LS running on LPG which are all running fine. It's true that the Lexus warranty wouldn't apply if the LPG installation is found to be the direct cause of some failure but otherwise it will remain intact.

Make sure you have a "flashlube" system fitted at the same time. From what I can gather, the Toyota engines are prone to valve seat problems if you don't have it fitted.

could you tell me more about this flashlube please? As i reckon, in Croatia biggest LPG instllers offer 2 kind of system, some Italyan and Belgian. i'll check today exac names than i'll post... what system would it fit thze best on other models?