Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Knocking Front

topgun

Posted on Apr 6 2003, 09:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES! I had my ball-joints changed under warranty. To the dealers.......

Did that make a difference??

• 3 weeks later...

:angry: I have the same problem, car is due for a service very soon, apart form the corroding alloys (dont go there <_< )

the front does knock, and I beleive it is either the calipers, or even the brake pads p*****g in the wind!!

Will be making sure all of the above problems are done under warranty :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a used 2002 IS300 and it makes the same noises. Especially if the steering wheel is turned, as in going around a stree corner. On other cars (civicx) it was the upper spring bearing cracked or missing. I guess I need to have this one checked out. It still has warranty.

• 1 month later...
I just bought a used 2002 IS300 and it makes the same noises.  Especially if the steering wheel is turned, as in going around a stree corner.

i have the same problems, when steering wheel turned almost max it makes a "clonk" sound.

on a is200 -00

Edited by Gus

I just bought a used 2002 IS300 and it makes the same noises.  Especially if the steering wheel is turned, as in going around a stree corner.

i have the same problems, when steering wheel turned almost max it makes a "clonk" sound.

on a is200 -00

hi Gus, does the sound happen when you are just about to reach full lock? you can hear the noise then if you continue to turn the wheel it goes a little bit springy??? if so the sound you hear is nothing to worry about - it is just the steering rack relieving hydraulic pressure.

• 3 weeks later...
I just bought a used 2002 IS300 and it makes the same noises.  Especially if the steering wheel is turned, as in going around a stree corner.  On other cars (civicx) it was the upper spring bearing cracked or missing.  I guess I need to have this one checked out.  It still has warranty.

Had exactly this on wednesday. Made a knocking / banging sound turn right.

Took it in, and the exhaust hear shield under the car was bang against the car, as the chassis was twisting whilst going round corners.

• 3 weeks later...

hello (first post!),

Just had my 60k service done, the dealer says the ball joints will need looking at soon (I can hear them starting to get a bit noisy at low speeds) - anyone know how much this is likely to cost me...?

Andy