Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guess What I Came Across This Weekend?

I was at Lexus Wolverhampton on Saturday, I went to pick up some touch up paint.

As I was walking back to my car I noticed a couple of guys gathered round a silver car and after about 2 seconds I noticed the front bumper was different to the IS 250 and then to my surprise and excitement I new I was making my way up to an IS F.

As I approached the car there was a guy there with an F shirt on and I simply said “so that’s the F then” he said oh yes.

First of all It looks amazing everything about it is spot on, the best thing was the way it just sits there, the stance is really mean, you know it means business.

I sat inside and revved it and the sound is awesome, I asked the guy about the unconnected tail pipes and he said one of the new Ferrari’s have the same unconnected tail pipes, it’s by design and then he mentioned something about vortex?

I really liked it a lot and after having seen one in person I think it looks and sounds amazing, plus with the rare factor the guy assured me they will really hold their value. Evidence of that is one that is for sale by a trader who is getting £53,000 for it.

I was at Lexus Wolverhampton on Saturday, I went to pick up some touch up paint.

As I was walking back to my car I noticed a couple of guys gathered round a silver car and after about 2 seconds I noticed the front bumper was different to the IS 250 and then to my surprise and excitement I new I was making my way up to an IS F.

As I approached the car there was a guy there with an F shirt on and I simply said "so that's the F then" he said oh yes.

First of all It looks amazing everything about it is spot on, the best thing was the way it just sits there, the stance is really mean, you know it means business.

I sat inside and revved it and the sound is awesome, I asked the guy about the unconnected tail pipes and he said one of the new Ferrari's have the same unconnected tail pipes, it's by design and then he mentioned something about vortex?

I really liked it a lot and after having seen one in person I think it looks and sounds amazing, plus with the rare factor the guy assured me they will really hold their value. Evidence of that is one that is for sale by a trader who is getting £53,000 for it.

The book price of a loaded version is £52,990. there's a brand new one available at Lexus Cheltenham with that price on it that I can get for less...they're not selling as well as was hoped....

As I approached the car there was a guy there with an F shirt on and I simply said "so that's the F then" he said oh yes.

I sat inside and revved it and the sound is awesome, I asked the guy about the unconnected tail pipes and he said one of the new Ferrari's have the same unconnected tail pipes, it's by design and then he mentioned something about vortex?

The book price of a loaded version is £52,990. there's a brand new one available at Lexus Cheltenham with that price on it that I can get for less...they're not selling as well as was hoped....

When you say loaded version, I presume you mean fully loaded?

Well to my knowlegde EVERYTHING is standard apart from the Sunroof which will cost an extra £800.00 so a loaded version is £51,800

I'm not sure where you are getting your sales figure from, when I asked the guy who was with the IS F he said if you want to order one it would be for the next plate as we have pretty much sold all 150, the purpose for his visit with the IS F was not for avdertisment, but the people who had put deposists down to have a final run before they sign on the dotted line and part with their cash.

So I get the feeling you are anti IS F?

as we have pretty much sold all 150

That kinda says it all really. pretty much means not all and when you are talking about only 150, that is not great by any stretch of the imagination :blink:

Well to my knowlegde EVERYTHING is standard apart from the Sunroof which will cost an extra £800.00 so a loaded version is £51,800

I'm not sure where you are getting your sales figure from, when I asked the guy who was with the IS F he said if you want to order one it would be for the next plate as we have pretty much sold all 150, the purpose for his visit with the IS F was not for avdertisment, but the people who had put deposists down to have a final run before they sign on the dotted line and part with their cash.

The sales figure of £52,990 is the advertised on the road price of the black IS-F in Lexus currently (still) for sale in the Cheltenham dealership. As I said, I have been offered the car at a discount on that price.

I'm not anti IS-F at all, just believe there's an awful lot more cars that are quicker and more appealing that I'd buy for similar money....including the forthcoming Nissan GT-R which has been designed from the offset as what its intended to be. If you think it's such a good car then buy one (what are you driving at the moment BTW?)....but don't think for one minute it's going to be an investment, or for that matter particularly rare (and please don't compare it to a Ferrari cos it shares a similar design error :lol: ).

The sales figure of £52,990 is the advertised on the road price of the black IS-F in Lexus currently (still) for sale in the Cheltenham dealership. As I said, I have been offered the car at a discount on that price.

I'm not anti IS-F at all, just believe there's an awful lot more cars that are quicker and more appealing that I'd buy for similar money....including the forthcoming Nissan GT-R which has been designed from the offset as what its intended to be. If you think it's such a good car then buy one (what are you driving at the moment BTW?)....but don't think for one minute it's going to be an investment, or for that matter particularly rare (and please don't compare it to a Ferrari cos it shares a similar design error :lol: ).

If its a discount it has to be less than £51905 which is the official Lexus on-the-road, full tank of petrol, Reg plated, taxed price including a sunroof - the only option available. All colours are the same price. You can confirm this by going to the Lexus site. If you buy, expect to have to fit a Tracker or most insurance companies won't touch it. Also none of the Insurance comparison sites offer a sensible price, you can do much better going to the one with the little red telephone.

If its a discount it has to be less than £51905 which is the official Lexus on-the-road, full tank of petrol, Reg plated, taxed price including a sunroof - the only option available. All colours are the same price. You can confirm this by going to the Lexus site. If you buy, expect to have to fit a Tracker or most insurance companies won't touch it. Also none of the Insurance comparison sites offer a sensible price, you can do much better going to the one with the little red telephone.

So the Cheltenham dealer is trying to boost the Lexus GB price? I can assure you that's the plated price on the car in the showroom. They will have to discount pretty heavily for me to buy it as I really would sooner wait for the GT-R. Lot more car for a few (couple?) of grand more.

So the Cheltenham dealer is trying to boost the Lexus GB price? I can assure you that's the plated price on the car in the showroom. They will have to discount pretty heavily for me to buy it as I really would sooner wait for the GT-R. Lot more car for a few grand more.

can't agree more.............GT-R every time for me

Lexus Sheffield are advertising a mesa red isf for £52,500

The Linky Bit

...for a 'used' one. Wonder who the one owner was, or is that the dealer??? 286 miles...

It would be interesting to know just how many Lexus have sold in the UK.

maybe Lexus Contact Centre GB could answer the question Tango.

Must say it does sound like a lot of money, even though its a Lexus, i'd still prefer the Nissan.

:offtopic: Chris.S did you ever sort things out with work? last time i was on the site you had handed in your notice.

maybe Lexus Contact Centre GB could answer the question Tango.

Must say it does sound like a lot of money, even though its a Lexus, i'd still prefer the Nissan.

:offtopic: Chris.S did you ever sort things out with work? last time i was on the site you had handed in your notice.

:offtopic: i left nearly 2 months ago

back on topic, i believe lexus have sold thier full quota of ISF's available for this year , however many that may be. my local dealer who im very friendly with although not my old employer lol, have sold 2

I saw one of these the other day and they look pretty angry - I have to admit I was surpised the last couple of nights when I passed a couple of the new M3's - they really are quite understated for what they are compared to the old model IMHO.

You can't compare the R35 with the IS-F they are built to do totally different things.

The IS-F is a sports saloon, the GT-R is an out and out sports car.

You can't compare the R35 with the IS-F they are built to do totally different things.

What's the IS-F do that the GT-R doesn't do better then??? Of course you can compare them.

I don't quite agree as the Nurburgring wouldn't have been used by Lexus to set a time :whistling:

The Audi RS4, BMW M3, Lexus IS-F, Mercedes C63 AMG and Nissan GT-R are up there as 'Super Saloon/Coupes' with 'Supercar' performance,

hence be they 2 Door or 4 Door, 2WD or 4WD they are natural competitors IMO

What's the IS-F do that the GT-R doesn't do better then??? Of course you can compare them.

I often wonder how many people talking about these cars have actually driven any of them