Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone,

Although I have the same dashboard rattles as everyone else on here (even though it has been out once to rectify the problem), I have now been blessed with another annoying noise. During the recent hot weather, when I drive the car, a horrible plasticy cracking noise comes from the rear of the interior. From what I can tell, its either coming from the rear parcel shelf or the third brake light surround. Strangley enough, when the temperature is lower, i.e. early in the morning, the noise disappears. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, has a standard fix been identified for the vibrating rear view mirror.

Thanks Guys.

Hi Everyone,

Although I have the same dashboard rattles as everyone else on here (even though it has been out once to rectify the problem), I have now been blessed with another annoying noise. During the recent hot weather, when I drive the car, a horrible plasticy cracking noise comes from the rear of the interior. From what I can tell, its either coming from the rear parcel shelf or the third brake light surround. Strangley enough, when the temperature is lower, i.e. early in the morning, the noise disappears. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks Guys.

I get a rattling from the parcel shelf but it can often be heard, not just during warm weather.

Do you know what the fix for the rattling is for the passenger air vent?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Guys.

I had exactly the same, it was cracking for 3-5minutes and then stopped suddendly. And it appeared only when direct sun headed on the car.

Now its fine, dissapeared by itself... Sometimes I think that my car lives its own life :winky:

Had the same problem with mine. Cured by a new parcel shelf being fitted, and also some clips for the roof lining (a known problem in another Lexus model apparently? GS?)

I had same problem on GS, only when hot. After 5 visits the dealer has finally solved it with a new rear glass. Apparently it was a trim problem on the glass fitting or something. Any way, complete new rear window and no more creaking.

same issue on mine..luckily it happened when the service manager was in the car with me trying to listen for the passenger air vent rattle (which never happened when he was in the car:( ), so the car is goin in for that to be sorted on monday. like u all have said, its not always there. just sometimes. that was the first time i heard it, when he was in the car too...strange!!

Hi,

FYI This is now a known issue, Lexus tech are aware and there is a bulletin about the fix. Was previously an issue on the GS. Happens in hot weather or when direct sunlight on rear screen.

Its to do with some clips that are left in when the rear screen is fitted. If you remove these clips it fixes the issue, no need for screen replacement or parcel shelf etc. Very easy fix apparentely, but it works.

Hope this helps,

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Guys.

• 10 months later...
Will the warranty on these rattles be extended when the 3 yr manufactures warranty runs out?

Just found this post

As i too have a annoying creaking (from around parcel shelf) during hot weather

I also now have the centre speaker rattle on dash

I also have the extended Warranty, i called dealer and was first told

interior creaks and rattles are not covered by the warranty,

So not happy, i asked why as this is not interior trim it is a manufacturing problem with these Is's

Was then told to go and see them as they would have a look and see what could be done

i will be taking this post with me to show that it is a known problem

Ps i will have to go soon as the drivers side mirror has also gone misty from behind the glass

had this happen to the passenger one too, and that was replaced.

Matt

Yes, I had this problem on my car. They tried replacing the rear sunshade, and when that didn't cure it they tried removing the rear seats and parcel shelf to test it and even removed and refitted the rear screen. Nothing worked, until they diagnosed a fault with the rear screen itself and replaced it under warranty. That was two weeks ago and I've heard no noise since, even after deliberately leaving it out in the sun. Lexus Leicester reckoned that putting weight in the back seat or boot also made the problem worse, but in my experience it was worst in sunshine.

Apart from an occasional mild squeek from the brakes when easing to a stop, the car now seems seriously solid and quiet. It is worth being persistent I think (and yes, I must be persistent about them fixing that brake squeal, even if it isn't all that bad).

I have posted before on a quick DIY fix for door rattles - which is still working by the way. If you have a rattle in that area you probably think it is the seat belt housings, but try wrapping some insulating tape around the striking posts.

Does anyone have the technical service bulletin regarding the parcel shelf/window rattle I have the dash rattle document (attached)

Thanks

Ben

Dash_Rattle.pdf

I could not find one for the rear screen. There is one for the GS rear screen (NV002-05) from Lexus USA which involves shortening two locating pins at the top, but as far as I can make it out that was not the fix for my IS250.

Does anyone have the technical service bulletin regarding the parcel shelf/window rattle I have the dash rattle document (attached)

Thanks

Ben

Dash_Rattle.pdf

sorry to soft Daft but as this is the US service bulletin will it also cover the

European Service side for the 250/220d, or does anyone have the european one

Regards

Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links