Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Locking Settings On Harrier

Astonchap

I have just got a Harrier 3.0 Four 1998 from Japan, does anyone know if the settings can be changed for the door locking ? when I get out of the vehicle only the drivers door unlocks, also when you hit 20 kph the doors auto lock.

It says in the handbook that this can be changed but by a Toyota dealer, I know on some Hondas they work by have the ignition on and doing a certain sequence you can activate things like electric folding mirrors and door locking ETC.

Does anyone of is this can be done on the Harrier ?

TIA David.

Have you checked all the relevent fuses?

In the engine bay fusebox it is number 7.

In the inside of the car they are 22 and 30.

You can also try the locking manually with the key. Drivers door;Try turning the key once then try twice in succession it should give you 2 operations.

Once, will only do drivers door, twice should do all doors.

Is your remote locking key okay? If you don't physically open the door after open on the remote then after 30 seconds they relock and you have to press the fob twice.

Regarding the auto lock at 20kph/mph I think that is factory set. Why would you want to change that?

Anyway hope it helps although reading back through it seems a little complicated! Good luck

Terry

Thanks for the reply

Sorry I should have said the key fob works the central locking fine also when I press it it locks/unlocks as it should, what the problem is when I stop turn the engine off only the drivers door is unlocked, so I get out stick the key in my pocket get to the tailgate to let the dog out and the door is locked so I have to press the key fob which locks it, then press it again that unlocks it. Maybe its supposed to be like ??? Just a bit of a pain when you stop and everyone is having to individually unlock each door.

Re locking when you set off, personal thing once lost a mate who was in accident and the doors of the car were locked and they could get him out.

Cheers David.

I had a CAT 1 alarm system fitted on Saturday morning and now when I turn the engine off and take the key out of the ignition all 5 doors open as they should so problem solved.

David.

I had a CAT 1 alarm system fitted on Saturday morning and now when I turn the engine off and take the key out of the ignition all 5 doors open as they should so problem solved.

David.

Mine is on the same system