Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi...and Have I Made A Decision To Regret?

JPR

Hi everybody...I'm the new guy here, and not actually a Lexus owner...yet. The IS220d is on order and comes with the new job I start on the 1st July.

Soooo. What is this about mpg!!!! I'm horrified. With diesel at £1.30 a litre and returns, some say of 35 mpg (and lower)...I'm going to be about £1500 out of pocket, based on the milage reimbursement I'll get.

I've read through the forums here, and can see comments on 5th injector. I'm assuming that a new car will have all the latest mods and engine mapping. What mpg can I really expect?? :msn-cry:

Let's say I'm an advanced driver with a very smooth style, 80 on the motorways and duels, very strictly in the speed limits elsewhere. My current Volvo has a published urban of 38mpg, and I'm getting 47 (though there are about two miles of uninterrupted 30mph per day on a cross town (Colchester) rush hour journey of 7 miles each way).

So what mpg can I really expect? :unsure:

• 11 months later...
Hi everybody...I'm the new guy here, and not actually a Lexus owner...yet. The IS220d is on order and comes with the new job I start on the 1st July.

Soooo. What is this about mpg!!!! I'm horrified. With diesel at £1.30 a litre and returns, some say of 35 mpg (and lower)...I'm going to be about £1500 out of pocket, based on the milage reimbursement I'll get.

I've read through the forums here, and can see comments on 5th injector. I'm assuming that a new car will have all the latest mods and engine mapping. What mpg can I really expect?? :msn-cry:

Let's say I'm an advanced driver with a very smooth style, 80 on the motorways and duels, very strictly in the speed limits elsewhere. My current Volvo has a published urban of 38mpg, and I'm getting 47 (though there are about two miles of uninterrupted 30mph per day on a cross town (Colchester) rush hour journey of 7 miles each way).

So what mpg can I really expect? :unsure:

yes i would say 40 ish

That diesel price took me by surprise before I realised this thread was a year old! :lol:

I had forgotten though, can't believe how high the prices were last year!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links