Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was looking at a US web site. There have been 3 recalls on the new style GS since 2005.

1) Replacing the yaw sensor in the ASC because of interference from mobile phones (in 2006).

2) Replacement of locking seatbelts because of faulty parts (in 2006).

3) Replacement of fuel lines in the engine compartment because of possible cracking (in 2007).

Has anyone in the UK had their car recalled?

Recall in UK was for possible fault in seam weld on fuel pipe. This will not affect your car though as it is a Series 2.

replacement of fuel line at end of April but that's it. The Mobile phone issue may be USA particular as they use a different band to us. Not heard about the seat belts, but as i bought it in Oct 2006 i'd expect if there was a recall they would have fixed before delivery anyway.

the seatbelt recall also affect the IS. Neither seemed to have a recall in the UK for that fault.

Either different parts were used on the US models or it wasn't seen as a safety recall in the UK and just treated as a TSB which will be fixed under warranty if the customer develops the fault. Manufacturers seem to get away with less recalls in this country compared to the US.