Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jammed Headlight Washer

Noticed that 1 of my washers is stuck in the raised position.

On a previous thread someone suggested using wd40 to free them,tried it no joy :eerrrmm:

Dont want to push it down incase i damage it.

Washer bottle full so any advice :question:

Thanks julie-anne

Has it been in a crash (or rather a slight dink) as this can play havock with the actuator. If so, as Chris says actuator assembly seems to be a likely solution! Had mine done under warranty, I think (but don't quote me) thats its around the 150 mark fitted

Cheers chaps....Funny you should mention about slight dink.

It may not be related but i had a new rear bumper fitted last month after the postman backed into my car :iraqi-info-minister:

Hit it hard enough to shift the car but fortunately only damaged the bumper (hit it from the side,bang on the corner) so what do you think :question:

Car due 40k service so looks like a trip to Lexus a little earlier than expected as warranty runs out in july :excl:

Cheers chaps....Funny you should mention about slight dink.

It may not be related but i had a new rear bumper fitted last month after the postman backed into my car :iraqi-info-minister:

Hit it hard enough to shift the car but fortunately only damaged the bumper (hit it from the side,bang on the corner) so what do you think :question:

Car due 40k service so looks like a trip to Lexus a little earlier than expected as warranty runs out in july :excl:

Could be, but it sounds unlikely. When mine first went funny (before I had the actuator replaced) all it needed was a wiggle (great terminolgy ay!) and fully pull it out and it would retract with a bit of wiggling (mind you don't snap the plastic front off though)

Incidently my cars never been in a crash (that I know of as I'm the 2nd owner) but it was bought from lexus and there was no history that would indicate it had been in a crash. But when I booked it in for the actuator, the first thing the guys in the garage said was "it's probably had a dink sometime in the past"

Problem sorted luckily before warranty expired.

LEXUS offered me another years warranty for my own "peace of mind" at a bargain price of £665.

Only thing thats ever gone wrong in 3 years so think i will bite the bullet and decline the offer :lookaround: