Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Sport Or Se?

Just started looking for a is 200 as was wondering if i should hold out and get a sport over the se or is it just cosmetics "bolt on's" that makes the diff between the 2 models?

Also whats the deal with tax and the is 200, someone told me that if i get a X or later model rather that 01 or newer that the tax will be much much less?

Cheers fellers,

Martin.

The main differences a sport has to an SE is lowered suspension and a limited slip diff. Cosmetic additions are metal kick plates + pedals, two tone steering wheel, mini spoiler and "Chrome" Exhaust trim.

X reg and older pay ~£200 tax, Y reg and younger pay ~£400 due to high CO2.

Cheers lads, thats what i was thinking.

Also does mileage really mater with these is 200, as iv seen loads with over 100k on the clocks, but always shyed away from them!

My 2000 'X' plate IS200 has just rolled onto 107k, (bought it when it had 40k on the clock). High mileage shouldn't be a problem as long as the car your looking to buy has been regularly serviced.

Guest inicol63

There is no getting away with it these cars may look the same but are different.

The sport gives a harder drive, as you would expect from a sport model

The se give you a much softer ride as one would expect from a excutive model

I guess you should make your choice on these base's.

Maybe you need to know if it the drive or extra's you want with a car.

Milage as mention should not be a issue if the car has been well maintained.

Always check that the Cambelts have been changed when they are due ( 100000 or 5 years which ever comes first).

Might be worth waiting to see what the goverment final out come is before you make your choice because if it scrap as i think the goverment will have to do, then the newer the better..

Good luck and these are only my opinion's.

Ian

• 11 years later...

The cambelt interval was revised downwards to 60,000 miles or 6 years whichever came first.The sports model was probably introduced in 2001 as my 1st lexus was a 52 plate IS200 sport 

11 hours ago, Daragh said:

Hi was just wondering does IS200 come in Sport in 2001 model? 

I had a 1999 Sport and then a 2002 Sport, so it's highly likely there was one available in 2001.