Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather Sportcross Seats

Any thoughs on the best cleaner for the Perferrated leather seats in the Sportcross............

Started cleaning a small area with Maguiers a spent the next hour with a paperclip trying to get the white crud out

from the perferrations........... :tsktsk:

Any thoughs on the best cleaner for the Perferrated leather seats in the Sportcross............

Started cleaning a small area with Maguiers a spent the next hour with a paperclip trying to get the white crud out

from the perferrations........... :tsktsk:

I used the Sonus leather cleaning kit on my IS300 - very very pleased with the results and no perforation-crud.

Link to an online supplier

Baby wipes it is then........

Depends what kind of "clean" you want to give them - I'm sure baby wipes will wipe off any crud etc. But if you're looking to actually deep clean and condition your leather so it comes up like new (and even smells like new leather) - go for a proper kit.

useing baby wipes regularly on leather will ruin the leather by causing it to dry out and will also remove the colour.best to stick to a proprietary cleaner and use a feed and protector cream after cleaning.weekly cleaning should just be a damp cloth.how many of you would use fairy liquid to wash the car.

Depends what kind of "clean" you want to give them - I'm sure baby wipes will wipe off any crud etc. But if you're looking to actually deep clean and condition your leather so it comes up like new (and even smells like new leather) - go for a proper kit.

How much can you actually do to the leather? I've only got the half leather seats but I've noticed the edges of the front seats have a few crease lines in them, plus they're a little shiny as is the steering wheel.

Would I be able to get these out, or once it starts getting shiny it's too far gone? I haven't actually done anything to my leather since I bought the car in 2002 so it's probably in pretty good condition considering but I'd love to get it looking like new again :tomato::blush:

How much can you actually do to the leather? I've only got the half leather seats but I've noticed the edges of the front seats have a few crease lines in them, plus they're a little shiny as is the steering wheel.

Would I be able to get these out, or once it starts getting shiny it's too far gone? I haven't actually done anything to my leather since I bought the car in 2002 so it's probably in pretty good condition considering but I'd love to get it looking like new again :tomato::blush:

The leather on my '51 plate 300 had obviously never been treated in any way when I got it so was getting a bit shiny and creaky esp. the driver's seat.

After washing and conditioning with the sonus kit there was a huge difference: the shinyness was gone and the leather felt much more supple - big creases were still there but much less noticeable. It was not completely "as new" but it was pretty close. Even had that new leather smell.

With respect guys, your seats won't be able to make use of the conditioners your using - these are designed for open pore leather, not the sealed/protected leather in mainstream cars.

Think RR, Bentley, and the bygone era Classsics - this is where the conditioners will be absorbed by the leather etc.

FWIW, I've just grabbed a kit from LTT Solutions, and will be testing it out soon.

One of the partners is deemed an authority on leather care, and regularly provides consultation to various companies employing leather in numerous sectors of industry.

I'm not saying the 'known' names above have rubbish products, but just that some of it will be fairly benign rather than truly functional.

I'll keep you abreast of how the products perform.

i have to disagree with pjs,i have just applied leather protection cream supplied by the furniture clinic and all of the product was absorbed within 20 seconds.perhaps you are referring to the lower grade leathers in other marques.lexus leather is high grade as standard.

Well, unless you're right DG, then I'm right - if you know what I mean.

If the leather Lexus uses is NOT protected, and therefore open pore like Bentley, RR, etc, and your home sofa, then the conditioner will have just been removed when you wiped over it.

That's presuming the leather cleaner you've used previously, assuming FC's isn't the only one used, has been a bit too strong, and removed the protective layer.

If that's the case, then regular cleaning (weekly/fortnightly depending on how long your sat on them, etc), and conditioning, should prevent them drying out and cracking, creasing as much, and generally looking tired.

Even additional use of something like 303 Aerospace Protectant would be beneficial to prevent UV damage.

If the leather Lexus uses is NOT protected, and therefore open pore like Bentley, RR, etc, and your home sofa, then the conditioner will have just been removed when you wiped over it.

That's presuming the leather cleaner you've used previously, assuming FC's isn't the only one used, has been a bit too strong, and removed the protective layer.

If that's the case, then regular cleaning (weekly/fortnightly depending on how long your sat on them, etc), and conditioning, should prevent them drying out and cracking, creasing as much, and generally looking tired.

Even additional use of something like 303 Aerospace Protectant would be beneficial to prevent UV damage.

i only use a very mild cleaner that was supplied with my home sofa's.the furniture clinic's protection cream is recommended for car interiors and has the uv protection.

I think i'll go with Hando's suggestion and go with the sonus kit

Seems to me, if you put on the conditioner and it doesnt get sucked up by the leather then all you've wasted is some time rubbing it in.........................

i only use a very mild cleaner that was supplied with my home sofa's.the furniture clinic's protection cream is recommended for car interiors and has the uv protection.

I picked up some product from LTT Solutions - one of the partners is a highly respected authority on leather in the industry, so have high expectations when I manage to get a chance to use it.

Maybe when your FC stuff has run out, you should give the LTT ones a try.

Still struggling to appreciate the Lexus leather is open pore and not coated like what seems the norm.

i did have a look at the ltt stuff and i have no reason to doubt that it delivers its promise.the problem is that it's so expensive,now i'm not a tight person but i like to get value for money.anyway i bought a litre of protection and feed so i reckon i am sorted for about two years home and car all in at 23 quid.

ps you should get some of the mf's at aldi for 60p each its a steal.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links