Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Top Gear

Steve

Damn! I missed it, will this episode be repeated?

You can check it out on BBC Iplayer, think it may take a day or two before if goes live on there.

Just checked- last night's episode will be repeated on Friday @ 9pm on BBC2. Excellent- means I can watch TG in peace. (without the Mrs nagging in the background- Big Brother will be on at the same time, so that will keep her 'entertained')

Enjoyed the police bit, but is anyone getting bored of clarkson, his ferrai bit was the same old,every car he test drives its either rubbish to begin with then amazing or he starts with it being good then says its bad at the end. Hes really started getting on my wick with his arragance, think everyone liking him so much has gone to his head.

Also what the hell was the point in testing a pirus at full blat again the m3 which probably didnt get over 3000rpm in keeping up, im hoping everone on here knows that its the biggest load of crap test but i worry about the people who are a little dim and live on each of his words thinking that this is actually a vaild and has any relavance in fuel testing.

Rant over :blush:

Might just be me but thought i'd be the first to stick my head out for the chop LoL

Might just be me but thought i'd be the first to stick my head out for the chop LoL

I don't actually watch it very often anymore, the prank type stuff is ok'ish but the proper reviews are as you say utterly pointless. Review starts >> Drift the car and get maximum smoke from the tyres >> Review ends. hmmm... useful.

is anyone getting bored of clarkson,

'fraid so, to the point where I nod-off when he starts to drone on. They should put him on the "grumpy old men" programme and leave him there.

Also what the hell was the point in testing a pirus at full blat again the m3 which probably didnt get over 3000rpm in keeping up, im hoping everone on here knows that its the biggest load of crap test but i worry about the people who are a little dim and live on each of his words thinking that this is actually a vaild and has any relavance in fuel testing.

No ellz, i've always thought that of the bloke, problem is loads of 'intelligent' people are dim, I know a fair few professional people that his word as gospel, and do believe the prius is not whats cracked up to be, they can stick an electric Battery on and call a car a hybrid, japanese cars have no soul :whistling: He is a complete :tsktsk: but an entertaining one at that.

Enjoyed the police bit, but is anyone getting bored of clarkson, his ferrai bit was the same old,every car he test drives its either rubbish to begin with then amazing or he starts with it being good then says its bad at the end. Hes really started getting on my wick with his arragance, think everyone liking him so much has gone to his head.

i disagree

its entertainment, its not meant to be serious, most the cars he tests are not what the viewers will be buying anyway, would you rather he did a full on serious review of the latest mondeo ? he doesnt take himself serious, so why do you, what people like and find entertaining is his arrogance, same way people like gordon ramsay,

he has what most of us on here would consider the ideal job, he gets paid to do the things we would pay to do,

the relevance of the prius is that they are trying to mock the latest green issues, probably because they can see the future where we all have to drive cars that are supposidly good for us, but in reality are worse than what they are trying to stop us using, you might be thanking him for that one day !

to compare 5th gear with top gear, what memories do you get from each, i bet top gear has far more things that people remember and talk about well after the program has aired, the content of top gear appeals to a far wider audience, viewing figures are what its all about on television

consider your head chopped :lol:

would you rather he did a full on serious review of the latest mondeo ?

If you go back to Topgear roots then yes they would be.

Will be interesting to wait and see what topgear say if they test the IS-F or LF-A or whatever. When he says they are complete :tsktsk: , you will all be taking him dead serious and calling him the :tsktsk: that he is :whistling:

Nothing wrong with entertainment, but the reviews get just a tad tedious and monotonous, even if they are on cars that are out of the majorities reach, you can still be subjective rather than just wheel spinning and drifting the things around like a pecker head.

would you rather he did a full on serious review of the latest mondeo ?

If you go back to Topgear roots then yes they would be.

Will be interesting to wait and see what topgear say if they test the IS-F or LF-A or whatever. When he says they are complete :tsktsk: , you will all be taking him dead serious and calling him the :tsktsk: that he is :whistling:

Nothing wrong with entertainment, but the reviews get just a tad tedious and monotonous, even if they are on cars that are out of the majorities reach, you can still be subjective rather than just wheel spinning and drifting the things around like a pecker head.

I tend to agree with you Rick.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links