Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hello, we are purchasing a mk1 gs300 sport soon and were thinking of doing an lpg conversion on it. i was wondering whether anybody has done it before and what sort of prices we should be looking at, also, the ls430 is going in for its mot on friday and we were thinking of taking a 24 hour test drive on a ls460/600h can this be done? thanks

hello, we are purchasing a mk1 gs300 sport soon and were thinking of doing an lpg conversion on it. i was wondering whether anybody has done it before and what sort of prices we should be looking at, also, the ls430 is going in for its mot on friday and we were thinking of taking a 24 hour test drive on a ls460/600h can this be done? thanks

Hi there,

I've got a 2000/X GS430SE which I've just had converted to run on LPG - it's fantastic really and on a run I'm getting the equivalent of 40-50mpg, which is amazing for a car that goes like stink when you want it too! There are many places where you can have LPG fitted, but I used Profess Autogas near Cardiff. They really know their stuff, use the very latest multipoint system and even provide a fully fueled LPG courtesy car for your use whilst the car is being done. When I picked mine up, they also included a software pack with lead so I can check and adjust the settings via my laptop when required. You can find Profess advertising via eBay where they have 100% feedback. Should cost less than £1200 inc VAT to convert a 6 cylinder GS. Some people mention concerns with valve wear, but this only occurs when the system is set too rich or lean, a common problem with older single-point systems. The software electronically matches the mapping of your car's ECU so reducing this risk.

hi

i have a mk1 gs300 sport. i converted it to LPG straight away. i did my research first to find the best kit. you will get lots of people telling you different things. i ended up speaking to a guy called gary who is the director of the company called CLS fuels. great guy! very knowledgeable. the garage he sent the car to was great. don't think about doing the conversion, DO IT !! there is no lack of performance to the car. do ask if they can give you a bigger tank than 55ltrs, in hindsight i should have asked.

you can see pics of my motor on the detailing section of this forum. its a blue one

call gary and see what you think, i recommend him highly.

all systems are different to different cars. my one cost £1900. sounds high, but i've nearly made my money back!

at the moment im getting 140 miles out of a tank. this costs me just over £30. thats also town driving so im usually in the first 3 gears. on motorway you will get more

http://www.agpl.co.uk/contact-us.htm

good luck

:winky:

i've always wondered if you could turn the petrol tank into an lpg one? obviously you couldnt fill up with petrol, but if you have a local station with lpg it shouldnt be a problem...?

anyone done a full conversion? or is petrol needed in the cycle to use lpg?

yes you need petrol to initially start the engine. it then should convert to lpg after 2 mins from cold start. once car is used, lpg kicks in after 30 seconds, sometimes quicker.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links