Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying/selling A Car

Rikos

Hello all,

Just a quick question, when you part excahnge a car at a garage what happens if your car is worth more than the one you are part exchanging for? Do the garage pay you the difference or do they just not do it?

Thank you for any help.

Rik

This is known in the motor trade as a backward deal. Many dealers will do this but bear in mind they will value your car a lot harder as they are in effect buying another unit of stock. Shop around for the best deal .I think more people will try to do this sort of deal as the credit crunch bites :crying:

You thinking of selling up Rikos?

If you are, your best bet is to sell to a private buyer, that way you will be able to get a better deal on your next car, you won't have a part-ex to deal with.

How about doing a swap with a private seller?, if your is worth more than the one you are buying the seller will give his car plus cash.

How about doing a swap with a private seller?, if your is worth more than the one you are buying the seller will give his car plus cash.

It's worth a try but the problem is i only have part service history as previous owner lost the service book and this puts many people off although the car is in very good condition

I have spoken to lexus but they have no records and each dealership is not linked as they are owned by different groups.

Well havent found much that i'd actually want to swap the lex for but may be forced to buy something cheap to run for a bit. I will hopefully come back though not too far in the future.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links