Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello From Dave

Dodgydave

Hello all,

Have been on the forum for a while now and posted a couple of items but thought it was about time I introduced myself, well my Lexus really.

It's a 2000 W plate IS200 SE. I bought it in March 2006 from a main dealer and fell in love with it straight away, I just love driving it and am known to find any excuse to drive it.

I've only done a couple of mods since I've had it, preferring to keep it as standard as possible. I had to put in an after market head unit in February this year because the Lexus CD player came up with infamous ERR 3. I must say a big thank you to DJ wozzer for his advise posted on here as I followed this advise to smooth and paint the fascia plate like his and it's turned out brilliant. The only other things I've done is painted my calipers red with white decals and replaced the grill with a sports one.

I've had a fairly uneventful 2 years as far as reliability goes apart from the CD player the other things I've had to do is replace the lower front ball joints and I took it along to WIM for the four wheel alignment.

Anyway a picture's worth a thousand words as they say and I know you all like pictures so I posted some below for you.

Dave.

2615883105_046a699808_o.jpg

2615885907_6ff9d70671_o.jpg

2616709278_b650b390c9_o.jpg

2615886969_a91d154218_o.jpg

2616783336_51f4643f79_o.jpg

2615954817_acc4ff8bcc_o.jpg

Welcome to LOC Dave, even if you spelt my name wrong !!

Car looks lovely fella :D

Yeh, sorry about that Wozza. I've seen your name so many times when I've been on here but when it came to typing it in the message I got it wrong. :whistling:

Dave.

Yeh, sorry about that Wozza.

No problems matey, did you take any photo's of your completed facia ?

Yes I took quite a lot of pictures. I'll post some up when I get a bit more time, it takes me ages.

Yeh, sorry about that Wozza.

No problems matey, did you take any photo's of your completed facia ?

Yes I took quite a lot of pictures. I'll post some up when I get a bit more time, it takes me ages.

OK, here's some pictures of my installed head unit.

First with original fascia, as it comes out of the box.

2622150060_b14bfd5397_o.jpg

And after smoothing filling and painting a la Wozza.

2621330683_55db4efcc4_o.jpg

Yeh, the only thing I'm still not too happy with. Looking at it from the angle that I took th photo, the top very thin strip of the fascia you can see is bent upwards. This appears to be because of the lug that's on the heater controls panel that clips under here.

There are three of them that normally hook into the top of the Lexus HU. Every time I see it I think I must take the HU back out and trim the center lug off the heater controls panel.

But then you probably don't notice it unless you know it's there; but that's the problem I know it's there.