Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I may be biting the bullet and getting shot of the IS220. I simply can't live with the car any longer and forget my experiences with the local dealership. I'm currently looking at a 07 S80 2.4D SE with geartronic box and a V50 2.0D SE. It all depends on budget. The IS is just too small to get all my kit in for the track and I can't put up with the terrible first gear any longer. Nice looking car, gadgets galore etc but just not for me. I just hope I can work something out budget wise!

I may be biting the bullet and getting shot of the IS220. I simply can't live with the car any longer and forget my experiences with the local dealership. I'm currently looking at a 07 S80 2.4D SE with geartronic box and a V50 2.0D SE. It all depends on budget. The IS is just too small to get all my kit in for the track and I can't put up with the terrible first gear any longer. Nice looking car, gadgets galore etc but just not for me. I just hope I can work something out budget wise!

Know how you feel, exactly the same gripes, plus shocking 6th gear vibrations and mpg. Bought for 20k in Feb, Lexus Liverpool offered me 13k as a way of 'looking after me' to get me out of the car. Needless to say I told em no thanks and pick up my A4 today, its Audi end of quarter this week! :0)

Have also gone back to petrol, the price difference just isn't worth the hassle of a diesel anymore. It's only going to get worse too.

First and last lexus I'll own. Just dont feel the product overall is that great, far to many problems. Yes, the dealers are good but TBH shouldn't really have to see them that much. Am also looking forward to variable service again!

Good luck with your searching and remember when it comes to the numbers it'll be worth every penny to be out of it!!! :lol:

Know how you feel, exactly the same gripes, plus shocking 6th gear vibrations and mpg. Bought for 20k in Feb, Lexus Liverpool offered me 13k as a way of 'looking after me' to get me out of the car. Needless to say I told em no thanks and pick up my A4 today, its Audi end of quarter this week! :0)

Have also gone back to petrol, the price difference just isn't worth the hassle of a diesel anymore. It's only going to get worse too.

First and last lexus I'll own. Just dont feel the product overall is that great, far to many problems. Yes, the dealers are good but TBH shouldn't really have to see them that much. Am also looking forward to variable service again!

Good luck with your searching and remember when it comes to the numbers it'll be worth every penny to be out of it!!! :lol:

The dealership has been the worst bit of the ownership for me. I should have picked up on the signs at the start but foolishly thought, "No one treats their customers like this, must be a bad day?" I've never used 6th gear as the labouring in 5th is bad enough. The mpg hasn't been too bad in mine but agree it isn't at the top of it's class. The S80 I'm looking at returns similar mpg for a lot more space and practicality for me. The V50 trounces it but it isn't an auto box. Sadly the IS is a common sight on the roads around here now so it hasn't even got exclusivity running for it anymore. I've ticked the boxes and the reasons to get rid far outweight the one or two reasons to keep it. I know the staff at the Volvo dealership well and always get looked after. It'll be like going home. I just hope I get a decent offer!

So sad to hear this...but my opinion is that every car can have

problems and wish you good luck going to Volvo...

With most respect of name Volvo I can tell you that

also Volvo is not the old good car like before...

so many mistakes in 2 years at just 60.000 km is

more then real prove of not bad but scarce quality

products and mistake which is common and factory

doesn't change nothing years and years...

I just decide to change a car from Volvo XC90 to Lexus 600h.

Of course I suppose that I get better, more reliable, technically

and hybrid newer technology car...to not mention quality

of Lexus brand made in Japan. Did I?

Regarding the geartronic automatic is the best choice.

Good luck.

Good luck.

We're not bashing the whole brand, just the diesel engine/gearbox/final ratio in the IS220d. This combination I feel creates all the other annoying little problems. I've had a IS250 auto and it was great. I had many other problems with the car so I wont buy another as there will always be this little doubt in my mind about what if its another bad one, regardless of model.

The dealership has been the worst bit of the ownership for me. I should have picked up on the signs at the start but foolishly thought, "No one treats their customers like this, must be a bad day?" I've never used 6th gear as the labouring in 5th is bad enough. The mpg hasn't been too bad in mine but agree it isn't at the top of it's class. The S80 I'm looking at returns similar mpg for a lot more space and practicality for me. The V50 trounces it but it isn't an auto box. Sadly the IS is a common sight on the roads around here now so it hasn't even got exclusivity running for it anymore. I've ticked the boxes and the reasons to get rid far outweight the one or two reasons to keep it. I know the staff at the Volvo dealership well and always get looked after. It'll be like going home. I just hope I get a decent offer!

You should get a bloody good offer! - S80s are notoriously hard to shift off the dealership pitches due to depreciation fears. I made the mistake of not doing my homework and bought a Volvo a few years back, paid too much, and was hammered come resale time.

I had a S60 D5 before the IS and it was a cracking car. If only I'd done the research............ :duh: Shame Liverpool volvo shut down last month as I'd probably have taken a look. If its a newey you'll get a good deal, not so sure on a used as the market has dropped recently.

Up until the insulting part ex offer Liverpool lexus had been great, very impressed on the whole. Lots of IS's around here to tho.... smug buggers in 250's!!! :lol:

Cant wait til 4pm!!!

Good luck.

We're not bashing the whole brand, just the diesel engine/gearbox/final ratio in the IS220d. This combination I feel creates all the other annoying little problems. I've had a IS250 auto and it was great. I had many other problems with the car so I wont buy another as there will always be this little doubt in my mind about what if its another bad one, regardless of model.

And when the dealership tells you a pack of lies, openly rip you off and don't treat you with the respect you should get as "the customer", they won't get my business again in a hurry. That initial attitude by them has been too annoying to forget, and magnifies every little fault with the 220. You get one chance to make a first impression and Lexus blew it with how they treated us. Chances are I'll be stuck with it until the recession bites a little harder for the dealers, but here's hoping.

How do some dealers get it sooooooooo wrong? It's all about expectation and are we wrong to expect a level of service???

Lexus Oxford seem to be sliding the wrong way and have been pretty poor of late. They quoted me for the wrong tyres last week..... basic mistake..... they gave my wife a manual when the IS was in, she doesn't drive manuals and told them many times...... BASICS!

My Scooby garage are pretty decent.

The Porsche dealer was a joke and just wanted their £100 an hour for fiddling with nothing, and i never got a decent courtesy motor when mine was in. Boxster being the poor one in the family and all that for sure.

The VW dealer was truly awful! great sales, but shocking aftersales!

The Audi dealer in Oxford was a joke and i actually had a stand up argument with the service manager and eventually got a letter apology!

The Audi dealer in Gloucester was great.

The Honda dealers in Swindon were always decent.

Local Skoda dealer was fantastic and the best i've used.

How do some dealers get it sooooooooo wrong? It's all about expectation and are we wrong to expect a level of service???

Lexus Oxford seem to be sliding the wrong way and have been pretty poor of late. They quoted me for the wrong tyres last week..... basic mistake..... they gave my wife a manual when the IS was in, she doesn't drive manuals and told them many times...... BASICS!

The Porsche dealer was a joke and just wanted their £100 an hour for fiddling with nothing, and i never got a decent courtesy motor when mine was in. Boxster being the poor one in the family and all that for sure.

The Audi dealer in Oxford was a joke and i actually had a stand up argument with the service manager and eventually got a letter apology!

Well sadly it isn't going to happen yet! We couldn't agree on numbers, (seems the IS220 slagging is widespread knowledge?), so have agreed to wait and see how the market goes. The dealer will be under more pressure to move stock than I am to buy it.

Lexus Oxford are ran by the same group as my dealer, which to me, explains everything. My local Volvo dealership are excellent. I've never had a problem with them. Any fault with a car has been rectified immediately without quibble. Minor items they never even bothered to bill me for if the part was sitting in stock. Lexus even charged for a touch up bottle while I was disputing dodgy paint. This will almost certainly be my first and last Lexus, I just hope I manage to get shot sooner rather than later. A decent car spoilt by minor issues and a crap bedside manner by the dealership. Even owning a 250 would have been soured by the dealership. :angry:

i agree with philthy as to the leicester sytner dealership,the thing is that lexus through the jd power customer service clinics and others have raised the expectations of customers to a hightened level.i don't beleive that the 220d is a poor product.mine has been 100% reliable with 100% crap dealer service,i think you are brave man to change now with current conditions because whatever you part ex the dealer will tell you that he can't sell that model on.

good luck.

Well sadly it isn't going to happen yet! We couldn't agree on numbers, (seems the IS220 slagging is widespread knowledge?), so have agreed to wait and see how the market goes. The dealer will be under more pressure to move stock than I am to buy it.

Lexus Oxford are ran by the same group as my dealer, which to me, explains everything. My local Volvo dealership are excellent. I've never had a problem with them. Any fault with a car has been rectified immediately without quibble. Minor items they never even bothered to bill me for if the part was sitting in stock. Lexus even charged for a touch up bottle while I was disputing dodgy paint. This will almost certainly be my first and last Lexus, I just hope I manage to get shot sooner rather than later. A decent car spoilt by minor issues and a crap bedside manner by the dealership. Even owning a 250 would have been soured by the dealership. :angry:

Well its over for me, picked up the A4 and its so sweet. Cant really compare it to the 220d as I've bought a different animal, but compared to the 250 auto I've had the use of (A4 is a tip.) for a day its much better. Build quality and performance are superior, just lacks a few toys - although I will miss the heated seats.

Dont give up - try and find a group with both a volvo and Lexus branch. Its worth 2k on a trade in as they dont have to work to move it on.

Cant describe how good it feels to have changed. Audi warrington were great.....

So I guess its a goodbye from me, hope it works out for ya

Well its over for me, picked up the A4 and its so sweet. Cant really compare it to the 220d as I've bought a different animal, but compared to the 250 auto I've had the use of (A4 is a tip.) for a day its much better. Build quality and performance are superior, just lacks a few toys - although I will miss the heated seats.

Dont give up - try and find a group with both a volvo and Lexus branch. Its worth 2k on a trade in as they dont have to work to move it on.

Cant describe how good it feels to have changed. Audi warrington were great.....

So I guess its a goodbye from me, hope it works out for ya

Good luck with the new car. Cheaper fuel bills already!

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with new car. Can I ask you, did I read it right? You paid £20K for your IS and a few months later they offered you £13K? This sounds very poor. Also, did you trade in with Audi Warrington, and if so how much did they allow for your lex p/x

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links