Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Youngest Is200 Sport Owner?

Hey all, my first post.

Im getting a red V reg IS200 sport on saturday and I can't WAIT!!

Im only 18 and a half, anybody own one younger than me or do i get that title? haha

I'll post pics when i pick her up

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats good, heard that from someone a while back in the post office (think she was getting her tax disc). Heard the woman say that it was cheaper to insure both people than it was for one....how that worked out i don't know, but i think she means it costs her less than twice the amount of a single person to insure. Anyway back to the subject, what insurance company are you with and are you allowed to modify her...the car that is not your mum lol

Becareful using it on your Mums policy, if its your car and your no1 driver they'l do their best to stitch you up if they get a whiff of it if you crash.

I was just going to make that point after reading this thread.

I am guessing you don't own another car yourself and this IS200 is owed by you, and you are lying to get insurance cheap ?

You will not be earning a NCD for yourself, & if you have an accident, you will have problems claiming,

and to be honest it isn't something to be boasting about on a public forum either as it is actually fraud :angry:

If you own the car & you have declared it to your insurance company as belonging to your Mum, your insurance is worthless.

If you have declared on your insurance (or acually your Mum has declared on the insurance) that she is the main driver,

& you are an occasional user of the car, you/she have failed to disclose relevant material facts to your insurer when obtaining

a quote, and your insurance is void. Period. :megaangry:

Your Mum from the sounds of things has committed fraud. Many people try to do it, many succeed, and many also come a cropper

when it comes to claim time. You may well have saved a few quid yourself, but everyone else's insurance goes up becuase you

(& others like you that attempt to do this) are not paying the appropriate premium for the declared risk. Sorry to say the chances are

at your age you well might have a minor or even major prang, the higher premium you should actually be paying to offset that risk

then comes out of mine & other peoples insurance, and our insurance then goes up because you don't wanna pay the full premium.

It is illegal and not to be encouraged at all :tsktsk:

How does 6 or more points on your licence sound for driving wthout insurance ?

Sorry to welcome you to the forum in this way, but it's wrong fella, & I for one don't want increased premiums just so you save some cash :o

Lets just hope the car is registered in Mum's name as then its just the legal side of dodgy I think. (It's what i did on my 1st car: Grans old 1ltr Yaris)

@vvprotocolvv - its cheaper for me to insure my IS for me (as main driver) + both my folks than just me so thats what she might have meant.

Thanks to you all for the welcome guys.

I appreciate your concerns about insurance and everything but it wont be my name on the car, mum will be the one handing over the cheque and she will be the registered owner.

I know i wont get any NCD but being a guy under 25 insurance just isnt possible,

My previous car was a metro and my cheapest TPF&T Quote was £1500 for a 1.0 litre 1996 heap!!!

And as above it was actually cheaper for me to get an IS or a civic/clio si I thought why the hell not :P

The fact is, with you not earning any NCB, you're never going to get out of this little catch 22. Fact of the matter is, at some stage in your driving career you have zero NCB. You can either take that when you're 17 and build it up quickly, or you can bury your head in the sand for a few years and STILL have to face the prospect in the future of ludicrous insurance premiums. We've all been there - we've all paid insurance that's two or three times the value of whatever skip we drove when we were 17, but if you don't take the hit now, you'll take the hit in the future and then you'll be really angry because when you get knackered for insurance when you have your own policy when you're 23 or whatever, you'd be thinking 'I could have had 5 years ncb by now'. Seriously consider just taking the hit now, you'll only regret it in the future if you don't.

Edit - I'm 26 now. In 2005 when I was 23 I bought a brand new £20,000 Toyota Celica. because I'd been a good boy and had full NCB - fully comp insurance with no excess was £500. With my 2005 IS, at 26, my insurance is a smidgen over £300 f/c with zero excess. Therefore it is possibly for a guy under 25 to get good deals on insurance.

Another edit - I also insure my father on my policy - it's always useful to have a second named driver just in case. With my father on the policy too - it was about £40 CHEAPER than me on my own. My other half won't drive autos so that's why it's my dad!

I was just 18 when i got mine i think sam was pretty young as well. Mine was turbo'd just before i was 21 think sam's beaten me there LoL

I paid £2000 insurance my very first year on the lexus which isnt too bad considering my mates with the 1.1 fiat puntos where paying £1500 now £750 all mods declared, but just told them about the 1JZ conversion and they want £1700 think i might take it off the road unitll ive got a few more years ncb (ive got 5 already).

I agree with the peeps about taking the hit now or later your just be pushing back that first big insurance hit.

Hell and welcome to the club :D

post some pictures up of the car when you get it.

I was 23 when i got my IS200 sport, it was my girlfriend who really wanted it, she was 19 at the time, after much persuasion from herself i gave in and got one, and i'm glad i did, fantastic car! :D

Our first quote was £950 which wasn't bad considering her age and mine! if i get another one in a few weeks we got a quote for just under £400 which is fantactic! I have 5 years no claims which helps!

I'd say try and get your own insurance as soon as possible as it really does make a difference in the long run :D

I appreciate your concerns about insurance and everything but it wont be my name on the car, mum will be the one handing over the cheque and she will be the registered owner.

I know i wont get any NCD but being a guy under 25 insurance just isnt possible,

My previous car was a metro and my cheapest TPF&T Quote was £1500 for a 1.0 litre 1996 heap!!!

And as above it was actually cheaper for me to get an IS or a civic/clio si I thought why the hell not :P

The big Q is...........who will be driving the car more you or your mum :question:

If its you.............never ever drive near a blue Audi S4 avant or my Green is200 with me at the wheel, as i dont want to be hit by you, as your insurance is void. Period.

If its your mum :question: then enjoy when you can, as im sure your mum will not want to give you the keys.

PS. The insurance will ask you who the main driver of the car will be, and this will be in black and white on your insurance policy.

Thanks for the replys guys

I will be changing the insurance over this time next year when its up for renewal

And Gord, dont worry I wont hit you.

I dont plan on going totally nuts behind the wheel I just wanted a really nice car so picked an IS

The big Q is...........who will be driving the car more you or your mum :question:

If its you.............never ever drive near a blue Audi S4 avant or my Green is200 with me at the wheel, as i dont want to be hit by you, as your insurance is void. Period.

If its your mum :question: then enjoy when you can, as im sure your mum will not want to give you the keys.

PS. The insurance will ask you who the main driver of the car will be, and this will be in black and white on your insurance policy.

i have to agree with the comments above, there really is no point lying to your insurance company, they will always catch you out in the end and even if your a really careful driver its not always the way you drive but the way other people do.

insurance will be very expensive for you mate but you really need to do it right, try putting your mum and another older person on it and see if that bring it down a bit

That's the key. You may not drive like a fruitcake but there's plenty of people out there who will. Some people try and get one up on the insurance company and win, the vast majority lose. Change it over next year maybe, what if you have a little faux pas (hopefully not) in 3 months or whatever? Like Woz I also dislike paying extra on my insurance premium just for people to get cheaper premiums.

BTW - none of what anyone is saying is a personal dig at YOU. What people are saying applies to anyone in this position. You just happen to have brought it up :)

That's the key. You may not drive like a fruitcake but there's plenty of people out there who will. Some people try and get one up on the insurance company and win, the vast majority lose. Change it over next year maybe, what if you have a little faux pas (hopefully not) in 3 months or whatever? Like Woz I also dislike paying extra on my insurance premium just for people to get cheaper premiums.

BTW - none of what anyone is saying is a personal dig at YOU. What people are saying applies to anyone in this position. You just happen to have brought it up :)

Thanks for bring that last bit up :D Like you said no ones having a go, just don't want you to end up with no insurance and no car :( Paying these high premiums are :tsktsk: but we've all had to do it and when you get to about 24 with 5 years no claims its great!

My first car was a 2.0 Astra Sri in white, i was 18 at the time and my insurance was so high i struggled to run the car :( But now i'm glad i started my own policy when i did :)

me and a friend each had peugeot 106's mine was an xsi and was paying £1200 insurance but he bought a brand new gti (cos it was faster)on his mums exactly the same as you cos it was cheaper 8 months later some one crashed into him at a junction not his fault what so ever but the insurance company found out that he was the main driver and voided his insurance and would'nt pay out leaving him with a debt still to pay of £300 a month for the next 3 years hes only just finished paying,lets just say his mum wasnt happy and he had to drive in a crappy punto which was basicly fit for the scrappy for that time.

hope it dont happen to you