Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Youngest Is200 Sport Owner?

Thanks for all your replys,

I know your not all having a go at me ive beenr eading around and you seem like a nice bunch.

I appreiciate the cocern and all your input its made me think alot more about the insurance and how im going to do it.

Ill shop around today and tomorrow.

Managed to get £500 off the car so that can go towards it too.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your replys,

I know your not all having a go at me ive beenr eading around and you seem like a nice bunch.

I appreiciate the cocern and all your input its made me think alot more about the insurance and how im going to do it.

Ill shop around today and tomorrow.

Managed to get £500 off the car so that can go towards it too.

I definatly think thats the best idea :D Have a look at Tesco compare they had some good prices :D

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Hi, welcome.

Wozza (as often seems to be the case!) does have a point! Just make sure you are up on where you stand legalwise.

18 is quite young for the Lex, but saying that, I wanted an IS when I was 18, but they were only a few years old and i could not afford one! (Though nearly imported an Altezza).

I got a Celica istead at 18, which is actually group 15 insurance compared to the IS at only group 12! (Sport is 13.) Cost me £1900 first year! Then the mods started.

Who's the youngest with a charged Lexus then? :whistling: I got mine at 22! Still paying £110 a month though. (Fully comp, all mods declaired.) EDIT: Just realised I don't win that one!

My real problem is trying to insure a 130bhp superbike! Could always tell them my Mum was the main rider. LOL.

could be an option to look at direct line insurance regarding the no claims stuff.

If you become a names driver with them, you also build up no claims, which can then be transferred over when you decide to take out your own policy. Thats what i did.

only drawback is that i am pretty sure that the transfering of the no claims can only be done to another Direct Line policy.

Edit- just had a look and its only applicable if you transfer over to your own Direct Line policy.

me and a friend each had peugeot 106's mine was an xsi and was paying £1200 insurance but he bought a brand new gti (cos it was faster)on his mums exactly the same as you cos it was cheaper 8 months later some one crashed into him at a junction not his fault what so ever but the insurance company found out that he was the main driver and voided his insurance and would'nt pay out

hope it dont happen to you

Insurance companies have a nasty little habit of finding things out. No one knows how they find them out but they do!

Hi, welcome.

Wozza (as often seems to be the case!) does have a point! Just make sure you are up on where you stand legalwise.

18 is quite young for the Lex, but saying that, I wanted an IS when I was 18, but they were only a few years old and i could not afford one! (Though nearly imported an Altezza).

I got a Celica istead at 18, which is actually group 15 insurance compared to the IS at only group 12! (Sport is 13.) Cost me £1900 first year! Then the mods started.

Who's the youngest with a charged Lexus then? :whistling: I got mine at 22! Still paying £110 a month though. (Fully comp, all mods declaired.) EDIT: Just realised I don't win that one!

My real problem is trying to insure a 130bhp superbike! Could always tell them my Mum was the main rider. LOL.

Jamie had his S/C IS200 at 20 if i remember :)

I was 23 when I bought my IS200 (now 29), thought I was young buying an IS200 at 23.

I bought my first one at 23 aswell and just like yourself i though i was very young! My mates took the :tsktsk: :tsktsk: when i said i was getting one, they all shut up when they saw it tho! :D

IS200 at 23... but a turbo-technics conversion XR2 Mk2 Fiesta at 18 ;) Faaaaast :D

I had an Astra 2.0 Sri turbo at 18, insurance nearly killed me! Love it though :D Still see it around now and again, my girlfriends ex bought it!

IS200 at 23... but a turbo-technics conversion XR2 Mk2 Fiesta at 18 ;) Faaaaast :D

I had an Astra 2.0 Sri turbo at 18, insurance nearly killed me! Love it though :D Still see it around now and again, my girlfriends ex bought it!

Hehe :D Gotta love the turbocharged motoring at 18. Coming away from my XR2 to my various other machines was horrid... the N/A ones, anyway. Must say, my favourite car to date was my Leon Cupra. I need to turbocharge my IS200.

im roughly 18 and a half (november 1989), i pay $1,100 a year on insurance in aus dollars with my dad as the owner and me as the number 1 driver, if i was owner+no.1 driver it would cost me $2,600 :| :| :|

my car history (i started driving in the country young on PRIVATE PROPERTY)

10-11 Holden Jackaroo

11, Honda Prelude

12-14, Mk3 Celica and R31 Skyline

15, Holden Jackaroo No 2,

16-18, Honda Prelude (now bought off parents)

18+ IS200

Down the Line

23 IS250 (or newest equiv, sports model manual :P)

I was 21 when i bought my IS, all bought and paid for with my own hard earned! i thought i woz pretty young to be drving one of these but it seems that aint the case now.

Anyway with regards to insurance mine and many other insurance companies wouldnt touch me on an IS until i was 21 so eventhough id wanted one for two yrs prior i couldnt.

I currently pay around £600 fully comp, 22yr old 4yrs NCB which i dnt think is bad at all

im roughly 18 and a half (november 1989), i pay $1,100 a year on insurance in aus dollars with my dad as the owner and me as the number 1 driver, if i was owner+no.1 driver it would cost me $2,600 :| :| :|

my car history (i started driving in the country young on PRIVATE PROPERTY)

10-11 Holden Jackaroo

11, Honda Prelude

12-14, Mk3 Celica and R31 Skyline

15, Holden Jackaroo No 2,

16-18, Honda Prelude (now bought off parents)

18+ IS200

Down the Line

23 IS250 (or newest equiv, sports model manual :P)

What's an R31 Skyline? I'm guessing it was the first version but i've never seen it at all?

I had an R32 Skyline Gts-T at 18, 300 bhp rear wheel drive with no traction control .... nice!

im 16 1/2 but hopefully ill get my mums is200 in 6 months tym but i need to know from you guys what the procedure would be like for example i want insurance under my mums name and what the damage would be? aint gonna settle for any other car lol

yea i was well pleased with my self at 21 buying one with my life savings but yep make me feel like an old man now, lol jus hate to think how it makes the older members feel lol

I pay £1300 with 1 years no claims which i was really pleased about

hopfully i will be able to make it to the wim meet next week but it has fallen on a relatives weddin and im trying to get out of it but my parents arnt too pleased about that lol

im 16 1/2 but hopefully ill get my mums is200 in 6 months tym but i need to know from you guys what the procedure would be like for example i want insurance under my mums name and what the damage would be? aint gonna settle for any other car lol

maybe you should read this thread from the beginning especially my first post :whistling:

i was 18 n 1/2 when i bought my 53 plate is200 sport had no NCB had me liscence for a year n half i paid £2600 fully comp for the first year then a year later with 1years NCB went down to £1400.

but at that point i was on nearly £500 a week anyway n having a is200 at 18 n half was the nuts so thought id get 1 and wanted 1 for ages anyway