Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Youngest Is200 Sport Owner?

Wow, there are some young uns on here now making me feel old! Im 23 now, got my IS 3 years ago (cant believe it will be 4 years in November already!).

I agree with others though, there is no point in trying to con the insurers as there will be only one winner and one loser in the end.

I detest insurance companies with a passion! Sadly, I have to deal with them on a regular basis in my job and I cant help but think im being fleeced, but its one of the situations where you just have to pay up and get on with it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Not been a very happy weekend I didnt get the cash from the bank in time so still havent been able to pick her up :(:(:(

Hopefully sometimes this week!

Have you picked up the car yet?

Havent got it yet and not happy.

Have been completely screwed over by the bank apprving the loan in writing then declining it over the phone becuase im 18 not 22.

Lost the deposit and its back up for sale :(:(:(:(:(:(

My bank said i could have the money in octobor though so ill trat myself on my birthday instead

After all that, he doesn't get the car!

I've read the thread the whole way through for nowt <_<

Got to say, any insurance company underwriting a car with a youngster on it as a named driver has got to be run by muppets if they don't do some sort of randomly carried out surveillance on such customers to see driving habits etc. There's loads of corporate surveillance carried out and they are not subject to RIPA the same way as law enforcement agencies such as Old Bill or SOCA are, which makes speculative surveillance really easy, and well worth their while i would have thought.

0800 on a Monday morning and various occupants start leaving a house to go to work, Dad gets into his Mondeo and drives away, 5 minutes later Mum leaves in her Clio, then 30 mins later, 18 yr old Joey leaves in the Lexus. The pattern is repeated on another day... bingo, got ya. They'll keep taking the premiums cos it's money in the bank for them, but come claim time, it's goodnight Vienna.

And possibly Hello Judge :-0