Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anyone know of a standard 'off the shelf' kit car that is based around the fabulous mk3 engine ?

I'm thinking the car is worth so little now it's not really worth selling which is a real shame of a great car so (if possible) I'd like to use the engine (and other bits) as a donor for 'a bit of fun car' but can't seem to find anything that the engine will slot straight into.

Anyhow if someone knows anything and can point me in the right direction that would be great,

I've seen this engine being out into a IS and making it I think 400 horsepower from start to finish. It was on some sky channel last month. It wasn't overhauling, But something like that. He was based in the land of OZ or US and is a famous tuning there working with and for TRD. Just can't remember his name.

You could also just attach a direct kit for the engine which contains a supercharger(£3000 plus) for 400bhp, That will be fun.

• 1 month later...

You can now buy a conversion clutch and bellhousing kit to slot the Lexus engine into a Toyota Hilux 4x4.

After fitting the good old Rover 3.5lt V8 into one of my old Hilux I would imagine that the Lexus powered one would be a bit of an animal! :yahoo:

I would advise you to try and fit the Lexus gearbox as well though as even the relatively small amount of horsepower and torque from the Rover V8 destroys the Hilux gearbox in no time at all...I speak from experience. :whistling:

Redsteve.

• 9 months later...
LS 430 based kit car

01_Large.jpg

Link to pics

"Front brakes-

Nissan 300ZX 1991 on.

Ventilated 280mm / 11” dia.

4-piston alloy.

Rear brakes:-

Nissan 300ZX 1991 on.

4-piston alloy."

Is it me or are those actually smaller then the standard LS 400 brakes? or is it just mk3's?

LS 430 based kit car

01_Large.jpg

Link to pics

"Front brakes-

Nissan 300ZX 1991 on.

4-piston alloy.

Rear brakes:-

Nissan 300ZX 1991 on.

4-piston alloy."

Is it me or are those actually smaller then the standard LS 400 brakes? or is it just mk3's?

yeh but that thing probably weighs less than half of an LS. That setup on a 200sx is a good setup and I would assume the kit car is less weight still so will be more than adequate - having said that if you have a donor car why not use the donor parts? maybe the kit was orig a 300zx kit and the LS engine is an option.

In the same boat here as newbie...

Its too good a car to just scrap or sell for parts just because of a few high bills at a bad time...

I too have thought who i can give this superb engine to, and it has to be the right project too.

We looked at fitting it into a jeep, but it was only a small one and would need major surgery on its front end to even try to fit the engine....but since then i have thought many a time how good this engine would be in an off-roader or a home kit / mod car that will be somebody's pride & joy. This engine deserves to be at a good home and well looked after, it has driven 235K and shows no signs of giving up yet - the engine and surprisingly the bodywork are still in very good condition for a 17 year old motor.

Still i can see the engine doing Dakar or something in a different body before it dies.........hmmm now theres a thought

Can you imagine how much fun the already fun MX5 would be with another set of cylinders?

I have alwys thought our MX5 would benefit a bit more power because the chassis apparently can handle it but fitting a Turbo or supercharger doesn't float my boat. Now a 32 valve unstressed V8 would tick all the boxes but my engine transplant days are over now due to me being old. It doesn't stop me dreaming though. Now, Where's the Kleenex :winky:

Can you imagine how much fun the already fun MX5 would be with another set of cylinders?

I have alwys thought our MX5 would benefit a bit more power because the chassis apparently can handle it but fitting a Turbo or supercharger doesn't float my boat. Now a 32 valve unstressed V8 would tick all the boxes but my engine transplant days are over now due to me being old. It doesn't stop me dreaming though. Now, Where's the Kleenex :winky:

You could always try fitting a LS engine with a supercharger or turbos ;)

Damn.

Clicked the link for Bullet cars before I had my tissues at the ready.

Those cars are just silly. Really silly. Just plain daft.

As hard as i try, i can't convince myself

pass the kleenex