Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex Turbo Kit On Stock Engine

Hi,

I´m thinking about to install a turbo kit on my Lexus IS200 and i have seen the prolex turbo kit and have some questions about problems to install in a stock engine.

For install this kit need change any part in the engine or only install the kit and enjoy for the increased horsepower?

There will be too much an increase of 100bhp for the stock engine?

Thanks

Edited by outlaw_racer_01

Without doing the internals 250 is the maximum you can go to really, and even that can be iffy.

Stav

Sorry but i have a very poor english and don´t understand " iffy ".

If i install a prolex turbo kit and increase mi car to 255bhp is possible that i have engine problems?

Thanks

Answer is yes.

I would say that the maximum on stock engine would be nearer 210Bhp as you would get from TTE supercharger, they are generally reliable. More than that and you take a risk. Just my opinion though.

Im running 196 at the rear wheel and not had any problems, but others who where running less than this have had engine failures. It really depends on how the engine has been run in and how its been treated over the years. You can pick up is200 engines very cheap though so if you do blow it up even though it is a massvie hassle you can replace with another engine.

7psi i reckon.

I'm not sure what boost Ellz is runnign but i was under the impression that anything over half a bar (7.35psi) is pushing the engines capabilities.

Stav

Hello, I am thinking about having found the solution to the problem of BHP's increase on the original engine.

A friend of my sister has had an accident with his IS300 Sportwagon and is for the garbage so I believe that it might use the engine 2JZ-GE of the IS300 to put in my IS200.

Now the problem is the following one.

The engine 2JG-GE of the IS300 Sportwagon fitt on the Chassis GXE10 of my IS200 or it should do some modifications?

The 2JG-GE does it go on the same supports of 1G-FE?

Is possible to intall 2JZ-GE with the IS200 gearbox or need the IS300 gearbox?

Thanks