Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can Someone Tell Me About Fullrun Tyres?!

Guys, i got 225/35/19s and believe me the tyres are not cheap!

I managed to get 2 kumho's for my rear at £120 each about 3 months ago. Now there gone up to £135 because i need some for the front.

Every tyre place is telling me about FULLRUN. I've searched and searched and not found a single decent review on them. There £85 a tyre fully fitted which is dirt cheap for 19s! Good performance tyres cost £200 each!

anyone had fullrun tyres before or know anything about them?

Oh yeh, thanks to Tony in WIM for sorting out my geometry!

when i bought my new wheels they came with fullrun tyres id imagine they were budgets cos ive never heard of them before,there not to bad really in all conditions but im waiting now till i can change them for a better known name purely out of chioce

Budget tyre from China.

Here is a guy who isn't happy!

Fullrun Link

Think about it, you have a nice car,nice wheels and the only thing seperating you from the road are 4 pieces of rubber in all weathers. We all like to save a few quid but personally I would do it somewhere else other than my tyres.

Budget tyre from China.

Here is a guy who isn't happy!

Fullrun Link

Think about it, you have a nice car,nice wheels and the only thing seperating you from the road are 4 pieces of rubber in all weathers. We all like to save a few quid but personally I would do it somewhere else other than my tyres.

Federals are £110 each fitted. are they worth the money? I cant really find anything else within my budget. I could stick with khumo- £130 a tyre.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Falken FK 452! They are the ones! £90.60 on camskil is the cheapest, inc vat and delv.

And the reviews.... OMG! I havent come across one single bad review for this tyre.

Im ordering them on monday UNLESS someone can convince me not to or recommend something better.

I saved you 40 odd quid by putting you onto Camskill didn't I, do you trust me now ;) as long as you don't support Liverpoo or Manure i'm happy to offer what advice I can :lol:

Wozza is obviously the exception to this rule :D

I've got them on mine no probs wet or dry ;)

Sounds good to me, although i dont know whether i should trust an everton supporter :winky:

Course you can trust Everton fans. They gave us Rooney :whistling:

Sounds good to me, although i dont know whether i should trust an everton supporter :winky:

I used to work with Everton fan at Boddingtons, never ever again :lol:

We didn't give you Shrek sorry Rooney, we were getting complaints from the local Mcdonalds they couldn't keep up with his big mac habbit :lol:

We didn't give you Shrek sorry Rooney, we were getting complaints from the local Mcdonalds they couldn't keep up with his big mac habbit :lol:

He now lives in Alderley Edge Cheshire, where he gets served an "Uppercrust" Big Mac by a posh Granny :winky:

He now lives in Alderley Edge Cheshire, where he gets served an "Uppercrust" Big Mac by a posh Granny :winky:

His 2 favourite things Big Mac's and Grannies :whistling:

OK, back to topic, FULLRUN tyres.

I have FULLRUN tyres fitted (had them for a year now) and frankly my advice is DO NOT FIT FULLRUN OR BUDGET TYRES!

I was exactly in the same position as you, little money- needed new set of tyres, got talked in fitting ditchfinders AKA FULLRUN's. As I have said I've had FULLRUN's on my car for a year now, they are OK in the dry, but in the wet, its a different story, poor grip/handling not to mention the constant droning these tyres make at motorway speeds (sounds like my wheel bearings have gone- I know this isn't true, becuase I had my suspension checked out recently)

I'd rather fit good part worn tyres (Dunlop/GoodYear etc) instead of FULLRUN's, heck I'd even consider remounds before I'd fit another set of these to my car. Lets just say I'm glad my N/A IS200 has only 153bhp because I wouldn't like to fit FULLRUN's to a 300bhp+ Evo.

I'm due a new set (4) tyres in the next 2-3 months and I can assure you I will be fitting GoodYear Eagle GSD3's.

Last budget tyres I had were on my 325 coupe, came as part of a wheel tyre package, this is what I found on them. Not sure if it was bad fitting practice or the tyres themselves, but it was pretty scary considering I drove my kids around with them on before I spotted the inside walls. It was like this on the inside walls of 3 out of the 4 wheels.

The wheels

post-23-11646293580.jpg

The problems

post-23-11646295290.jpg

post-23-11646296460.jpg

post-23-11646296461.jpg

post-23-11646296830.jpg

post-23-11646296831.jpg

close up of the cracks/splits

post-23-11646297300.jpg

Thats nasty, does look like bad fitting tho rather than the tyre itself but it's better to be safe than sorry, as I stated earlier the Falkens are spot on IMHO I've even pushed them in the wet and they have plenty of grip, I suppose tyre choice comes down to personal prefference but I've not heard a bad thing about the Falkens and I'm very happy with mine ;)

As for Joleon Lescott I really don't think he needed much pursueding ;) you should of held out for more than 5million tho he's worth 20 now but that s because he's playing for a decent team :lol:

Thats nasty, does look like bad fitting tho rather than the tyre itself but it's better to be safe than sorry, as I stated earlier the Falkens are spot on IMHO I've even pushed them in the wet and they have plenty of grip, I suppose tyre choice comes down to personal prefference but I've not heard a bad thing about the Falkens and I'm very happy with mine ;)

As for Joleon Lescott I really don't think he needed much pursueding ;) you should of held out for more than 5million tho he's worth 20 now but that s because he's playing for a decent team :lol:

I've just ordered a pair of falken FK452s from camskill. I rang so many garages up and none of them could get the falkens from their dealers! i must have phoned 10 places. only camskill were the ones to have them.

For under £100, there is DEFINATELY not a better tyre out there other than falken. I dunno how federals compare to the falkens but either way, im getting the falkens fitted tomorrow so ill report back on my findings later.

This will be my set up now-

FRONT: FALKEN FK452 225/35/19

REAR: KUMHO ECSTA SPT 235/35/19

I dunno how federals compare to the falkens but either way,

Falkens are way better than Federal. I had the 452's on my GS but changed to F1 GSD3's as at the time as they were cheaper than the 452's. I don't really consider the Falkens to be a budget tyre personally, albeit that Camskill do seem to have great Falken prices at the mo, they weren't when I looked last time. 275/35 18's on camskill at the monent are £116, which is a fantastic price, last time they were £160 odd quid each.

• 2 years later...

Guys, i got 225/35/19s and believe me the tyres are not cheap!

I managed to get 2 kumho's for my rear at £120 each about 3 months ago. Now there gone up to £135 because i need some for the front.

Every tyre place is telling me about FULLRUN. I've searched and searched and not found a single decent review on them. There £85 a tyre fully fitted which is dirt cheap for 19s! Good performance tyres cost £200 each!

anyone had fullrun tyres before or know anything about them?

Oh yeh, thanks to Tony in WIM for sorting out my geometry!

I had these tryes fitted to my Audi A4 sline when I brought the car 8 months ago. I previously had a BMW and thought the wheel spinning was too much power going to the front wheels but after a few rainy days noticed that something wasn't right I couldn't even corner without losing control of the car even at low speeds. I've since taken the car to a local tyre shop only to be told what the hell was doing having these tyres fitted to a car like this and that they were dangerous. So I went along with it and paid £300 for 2 bridgestones fully fitted with the tracking done. Once they took the Fullruns off I was gobsmacked to see that the inside wall was completely split which could have caused a blow out at any point after only 8 months use (still plenty of tread). I would seriously say how much you value your car yourself and loved ones to put these cheap dangerous tyres on it..

There are some excellent "Sub premium" tyres out there. So much so that it is very difficult to justify premium prices especially if you accidently wreck a premium tyre then it is a premium priced replacement. Also remember that it is just as easy to pick up a shoulder puncture, which a tyre place will refuse to fix, on a premium tyre as "sub premium".

Read the reviews here: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/