Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx New Model For 2009 ?

I`ve had my RX400h for exactly 3 years and been delighted with it, particularly at the moment with the dramatic increase in the cost of fuel `benefit`.

However, there has been some talk mooted about a new more modern RX being launched soon. I`ve seen sketches but NO real news or photos.

It must be imminent .......Any ideas anyone ?

Gazman

B)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gazman,

I keep trawling the net and nothing new has come out for a while now, I take it you have seen all the pictures of the lf-xh concept, have a look at:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-lf-xh-future.html

They keep saying late 2009 for release.

My 400h is now 2 and a quarter, so I'm more than happy to run it for another year and a half anticipating the new model, then I'll wait another year so the initial demand has waned and I can get a good deal. You can get 400h's now for a lot less than I paid!!!!

Toyota/Lexus never seem to give the game away with respect to new models

Cheers

Jon

Looks more like a facelift model. :crybaby:

Certainly no dramatic changes. To be honest I would have expected more. I would take a long look at the Infiniti FX45 SUV.

This pic is of a 2005 model. See Infiniti website for up to date pics and specs

• 1 month later...

I certainly hope they make that, as that is a fantastic looking vehicle. Normally I'd say there's no chance and it's just a concept but then the LS looks almost exactly like it's concept so fingers crossed! :D

In the US, Infiniti have remained a fringe brand selling very (very) low volumes of their vehicles in comparison to say...Lexus ;)

I am surprised that Nissan (the parent company) is branching out into Europe with their big heavy, big engined V-something petrol vehicles - I just can't see them taking off at all, especially here in the UK (with fuel and other taxes structured the way they are). They are nice cars, but too fringe and immensely costly when you consider say an X3/X5/RX/RR/Q5/Q7 etc. etc.

They launched their brand at the wrong time in the US and they seem to be doing the same again here in UK/EU - disaster waiting to happen IMHO.

• 1 month later...
It does look quite nice - natural evolution of the current model? Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Same story in Autocar last week except for comment that only the hybrid would be for sale in UK. Current sales are only 1/4 of Merc ML apparently and petrol versions no longer selling.

I don't get it.

Petrol version not selling. Therefore this should [have?] be/been built around the hybrid system from the ground up. So if so why put that ugly slot under the main grill again similarly to what we have with today's RX400h? Surely working from the ground up the designers could do a better job of integrating the cooling inlets than this!

:unsure:

I love the interior of that, except have they ditched the touch screen in favour of an iDrive type controller? Looks too far away to reach and there's some kind of controller on the centre console.........

I love the interior of that, except have they ditched the touch screen in favour of an iDrive type controller? Looks too far away to reach and there's some kind of controller on the centre console.........

Argh no.....having used a few Sat Nav's can honestly say touch screen is soo much better (Although the screen tends to have less resolution as a side effect)

I`ve had my RX400h for exactly 3 years and been delighted with it, particularly at the moment with the dramatic increase in the cost of fuel `benefit`.

However, there has been some talk mooted about a new more modern RX being launched soon. I`ve seen sketches but NO real news or photos.

It must be imminent .......Any ideas anyone ?

Gazman

B)

I don't know if you have seen the Car Online magazine with their video of it (just google 2009 lexus rx as I have on and off for the past year or so)