Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx New Model For 2009 ?

Hi there,

My "56" RX400 has to go now it's got 80K on the clock. Still drives just like new, and if anything the performance is even better. Fuel consumption depends on one's mood, journey type and ambient temp. Typically motorway at 80 = approx 31mpg, soft commute 34mpg, 90+ less than 25mpg.

Tyre wear used to be a problem at 20K per set, but tyre removal and 180 degree rotaion on wheel now means 30K life (otherwise the outer edge of tyre wears too quickly - too many roundabouts & corners!).

So have just ordered from lease co a new RX450h SE navi. OK it won't have sunroof, power hatch, dvd (latter was only used once or twice), Mark Levinson sound system (fat lot of good on 5 live anyway). But at only 14% BIK it's a winner.

I'll let you know how it compares

Regards Roj

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Roj

Please can you tell me who you recommend for leasing a RX450

My RX400 will be 4 yrs old in August and runs like a dream and its only done 32,000 miles. The selling price will be shocking.

I`m also not over excited by how the new 450 looks and was even thinking about another car all together. BUT the high driving position and mega comfort makes me think twice.

Regards

Gazman

:zee:

Hi there,

My "56" RX400 has to go now it's got 80K on the clock. Still drives just like new, and if anything the performance is even better. Fuel consumption depends on one's mood, journey type and ambient temp. Typically motorway at 80 = approx 31mpg, soft commute 34mpg, 90+ less than 25mpg.

Tyre wear used to be a problem at 20K per set, but tyre removal and 180 degree rotaion on wheel now means 30K life (otherwise the outer edge of tyre wears too quickly - too many roundabouts & corners!).

So have just ordered from lease co a new RX450h SE navi. OK it won't have sunroof, power hatch, dvd (latter was only used once or twice), Mark Levinson sound system (fat lot of good on 5 live anyway). But at only 14% BIK it's a winner.

I'll let you know how it compares

Regards Roj

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Dallas, saw a couple of RX450H, one red and the other black, Sorry to say if i was in the market for an RX450 :ohmy: i will not be buying.

It looked akward from all angles, MK2 still the best looking one.

Have put the picture in the gallery, saw it in a car park as i was leaving for the airport, would have taken more pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen one for the first time and I have to say........

1/ The technology and spec is great.

2/ The car is an ugly brute - Mark II is so much better looking.

Like the Prius, if Toyota / Lexus employed a good designer they could take over the world

Very disappointed - My RX400h is now 4 years old and I don't know what to get. Only done 35K miles and the car is in great condition so I may as well keep it for a while.

Gazman :zee:

I wouldn't personally rush in on the new RX, looks wise I agree it's not as good looking as the mk2 but I think it'll grow on us, it's already better than it was when I first saw it.

Pricewise these things are going to drop like a stone though, especially those top of the line £55k models, wouldn't be surprised if they're £45k after a few months..........

I think Lexus took the opportunity to raise prices with this new model to compensate for the weak £. Ford have just announced yet another price increase in the UK.

In the UK the cost of the new RX is actually cheaper than the old model and I believe sales are looking good. Shame the UK doesn't get such a good deal.

• 3 weeks later...

I just drove the top of the range 450 and although the outside is slightly bland, some of the new gizmos are incredible.

1/ The new trackwheel to control the satnav and functions

2/ The camera on the side of the car to help parking

3/ The way the satnav instructions and speed is projected onto the windscreen - incredible.

Worth a look but £10K too expensive at the moment.

It is very annoying as its so much cheaper in the USA

Gazman :zee:

When I see your price in UK about 55.000 Pounds which is about 61.000 € and see the price in Germany= 81.000€ which is nearly 70.000 Pounds. Yes the full equipt RX45h cost in US 47000 € which is 40.500 Pounds.

Just don't understand the reason for just bringing in the RX450 :wacko: , hopefully that will change before I need to change my RX350 :unsure: ?

I imagine it's to do with the fact that for the last year or so they have hadlr been selling any petrol only versions, most have been hybrid is what I was previously told.

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't personally rush in on the new RX, looks wise I agree it's not as good looking as the mk2 but I think it'll grow on us, it's already better than it was when I first saw it.

Pricewise these things are going to drop like a stone though, especially those top of the line £55k models, wouldn't be surprised if they're £45k after a few months..........

I have been to 4 Lexus Dealers now, including one that discounted my last 2 RX, and none are offering dicounts. They all say sales are buoyant and that there is no need, and Lexus are not supporting discounts. I had my RX400SEL valued, and I have to say that I walked out in disgust. They quoted Glasses Guide to me, and at £17,000 is £3,000 less than I got for my RX 300 3 years ago. If you look at the residual value that represents about 37%, not much higher than a Mondeo. What happened to the famed 60% (I got that last time). I read somewhere that manufacturers were offering low PX against new models and storing them with a view to creating a shortage of used cars, thus pushing up the price and getting a benefit from that - wonder if Lexus are doing that?

I don't think Lexus will reduce the price of the cars - they may bring in a Special Edition, but I think will be priced beween SEL and the SEL Super.

I have been to 4 Lexus Dealers now, including one that discounted my last 2 RX, and none are offering dicounts. They all say sales are buoyant and that there is no need, and Lexus are not supporting discounts. I had my RX400SEL valued, and I have to say that I walked out in disgust. They quoted Glasses Guide to me, and at £17,000 is £3,000 less than I got for my RX 300 3 years ago. If you look at the residual value that represents about 37%, not much higher than a Mondeo. What happened to the famed 60% (I got that last time). I read somewhere that manufacturers were offering low PX against new models and storing them with a view to creating a shortage of used cars, thus pushing up the price and getting a benefit from that - wonder if Lexus are doing that?

I don't think Lexus will reduce the price of the cars - they may bring in a Special Edition, but I think will be priced beween SEL and the SEL Super.

Residuals on new RX will be very strong for the foreseeable future as supply is tight and demand is strong. If that is your market, then would you discount if there is no need? No, you would be mad not to make maximum profit while you can. Used car values have plummeted over the last 9 months especially and any dealer who tells their customer that they will see a 60% return on their car after 3 years is a liar- simple.

Don't get me wrong, demand may fall away in the future and then the manufacturer may have to take action. Until that happens, the network would be foolish not to make hay while the sun (at last!) shines.

As for storing part-exchanges, what's the point? Deliver the new car, prepare the part-ex and sell it on and make your profit!