Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do I Or Don't I

:crybaby: Not too happy at the moment as I can't make my mind up...

I'm in a catch 22 dilema..... May have the chance of a new job but it means travelling 120-140 mile per day.... The problem is I didn't want to sell my Lex or I did for an IS300 but it would not be cost effective to get a bigger engine due to the expense. So if I keep my lex it would mean approx 750 + miles per week which would mean alot of fuel.. grr!!! so I would not benefit from the new job as it would mean it going in the fuel tank.

IF I stay in my present job I could cope no probs but when you get approx a 10k rise then I should go for it. The only way I can think is to get a diesel and have being looking at golf GT TDi and a Seat Leon FR TDi they both get 50+ MPG which is good, if I px I will get nowt for my lex which is very dissapionting.

Went to look at both cars today and the Golf does not inspire me at all, could be due to owning a lex also the seat has its cosmetic problems too!

So I got to decide do I go for the new job but it means my lex will have to go as I can not justify spending over £100 per week on fuel.

This country stinks, I wish I had stayed in Cyprus then I would not be up against the inane political crap that we get here...

Rant over but it really pees me off that I must sell my car if I want the job :angry:

Cheaper to pass your m/bike test unless you've done so already....save a fortune.

Already passed motorbike test!!! tis ok in the summer but in the winter not very pleasant but then again the summers here are not very pleaseant either :unsure:

Awwww id av 2 say keep it u know me & Lexus :blush:

How is the Lex after what happend :question:

Thank you for worrying about my Lex, it is still at the garage getting repaired, should have it back within the next few days. I can then get rid of this corrolla they lent me.. Nice but it is not a Lexus :whistling:

Thank you for worrying about my Lex, it is still at the garage getting repaired, should have it back within the next few days. I can then get rid of this corrolla they lent me.. Nice but it is not a Lexus :whistling:

Your Lexus is a Toyota with a Lexus badge :lol:

Hi all first posting on here not sure if i'm doing it right :unsure: but what the heck

With regards to your Lexus have you thought about coverting it to LPG the price for petrol around here is 119 per litre but for LPG is 54 pence

Gary

Whiteman,

If you can stomach the extra fuel costs, then keep the IS, if not then its time for a diesel. Isn't it possible to move closer to your new job or will the new job involve lots of travelling (driving to see different clients at different locations).

if you can try and buy a second small diesel car as stated above. but then you've got the expense of keeping two cars on the road, taxed, serviced, insured.

my honest opinion is sell the lexus and get something you can have fun with and still save money. i've got the fr+ tdi and its great. will get it mapped and still be saving money.

the way i see it, why waste money on petrol when you can be saving it for other more important things in life? end of the day its a car, there will be a newer version out which im sure you'll end up buying in the future when you have more money to upgrade!

Many good points there, I have thought about keeping the Lex and getting diesel as I will not get anything for the lex since good old gordon is going ahead with the tax increase.

I have always said I would not get rid of the Lex due to the tax increase as it would mean the govenrment has won as that is what they want is to get rid of all the high emmision cars and we all drive around in 950cc shoe boxes.. so up yours Mr Brown you can't get rid of me that easily :lol:

I would only get rid of it if I go ahead and get the job and has for moving closer it is not an option at the moment plus I would be near the ex-wife :blink: don't fancy that.

I have seen a seat leon 1.9 fr tdi but I think it will be a bit underpowered with only 105 bhp rather have the 140 or 170bhp. I know I would defo miss the Lex as I miss it now, has only being gone a week, I wish the garage would hurry up and ring me to say it is ready B)

I have seen a seat leon 1.9 fr tdi but I think it will be a bit underpowered with only 105 bhp rather have the 140 or 170bhp. I know I would defo miss the Lex as I miss it now, has only being gone a week, I wish the garage would hurry up and ring me to say it is ready B)

they didnt make a fr with 105bhp, its 150bhp@ 4000rpm and 230lb ft @1900rpm!! the lex is 9.2 on paper which is slower than the tdi of 8 odd. remapped leons @ stage 1 make 180-190bhp with 300lb ft till the red line :whistling:

when i exchanged my gs for the fr, i noticed the pull from 40+ was the same as the gs300. standing start the fr would get whooped by either the gs or is as i cant get the power down, spins all the way, 2nd and 3rd gear the fr would pass like a speeding train.

test drive one, i promise you wont be disappointed! just dont expect it to be refind like the lex lol

they didnt make a fr with 105bhp, its 150bhp@ 4000rpm and 230lb ft @1900rpm!! the lex is 9.2 on paper which is slower than the tdi of 8 odd. remapped leons @ stage 1 make 180-190bhp with 300lb ft till the red line :whistling:

when i exchanged my gs for the fr, i noticed the pull from 40+ was the same as the gs300. standing start the fr would get whooped by either the gs or is as i cant get the power down, spins all the way, 2nd and 3rd gear the fr would pass like a speeding train.

test drive one, i promise you wont be disappointed! just dont expect it to be refind like the lex lol

I thought they didn't do a little 105bhp for FR it is this one on fleabay 190235784183. looks the part but I know I would be very dissapionted with it being underpowered.

if size is not an issue, go for an ibiza cupra tdi. 160bhp shed load of torque and a 0-60 in 7ish! i really wanted the ibiza (more sportish styling inside out) but it was too small for my needs.

re the eBay leon, just been given a kit at factory

A corrolla aint as bad as some of the cars iv ad when mines gone in i needed a paper bag 2 drive them :blush:

Glad its gettin sorted n will b back with u soon ;) aint u goin 2 the WIM meet :question:

I'd keep the Lex and pay the fuel,as you will have HP + fuel every month on the new car which I thought would have come to near enough same as the petrol in the IS.

A corrolla aint as bad as some of the cars iv ad when mines gone in i needed a paper bag 2 drive them :blush:

Glad its gettin sorted n will b back with u soon ;) aint u goin 2 the WIM meet :question:

corolla aint too bad but it aint a lex and not as comfortable......

as for the WIM meet not going as could be working and I not got my car back yet :unsure:

well if it was me i would sell the lexus and get a little one one thing over every thing is you are doing that many miles a day is the driver seat has to be nice dont want and pains anywere

and get a little play toy as well i did well not litle i got a 6.6 trans am and just selling my van to get another one

how i like the yanks v8s now sound so good

but the best car i have driven is still my LS

I drive a Diesel jam jar during the week as my company car is a Peugeot 307hdi estate...gets around 55mpg and is ok for general work duties and not a bad drive at all. The Lexus is my weekend toy and I`d go nuts if I had to drive the pug all the time! Marry the Diesel and keep the Lexus as a mistress!!

I drive a Diesel jam jar during the week as my company car is a Peugeot 307hdi estate...gets around 55mpg and is ok for general work duties and not a bad drive at all. The Lexus is my weekend toy and I`d go nuts if I had to drive the pug all the time! Marry the Diesel and keep the Lexus as a mistress!!

If you can keep Lex off road, SORN it and use in summer (Summer was once a time in history when the sun shone all day, without any associated wetness!)

Oh and....Cyprus? Well a friend has just left there as water is now rationed/only available 2 days a week in Larnaca.......

Get a cheap car........Micra!

What's the point of keeping a nice car off the road with SORN? Then it's just sitting there depreciating - therefore still costing you money and not being used. If it's costing too much to run, trade it in for something else - on the understanding you'll lose a packet. If you can tolerate the costs, keep it, see how much it's actually costing with your job and then sit down and do the sums with another car you'd consider if you traded your Lexus in. Submit 20% from the manufacturers fuel economy claims, and work out just how much better off you would be with a different car. Then weigh that up with how much you like the Lexus and the answer will speak for itself.

:crybaby: To be honest I miss my Lexus already and it has only gone into the garage to get repaired as some kind person decided to put a ding in it for at my expense, it has being gone for 8 days and I miss it.. so I think I have the answer, at the moment I am driving around in a 1.4 corrolla, nowt wrong with the car but the way I driv I am only getting 34 to 36 to the gallon so there is not much difference in economy oh also the sounds system is naff compared to the Lexus.

Have not said yes to the job yet, will have to wait and see if I go for it and then decide on a car but a few diesels that I have being in have not got the same feel as the Lexus so I think I am spoilt, I think the other alternative is an Audi A4 TDi which I have not played in yet. If only I could stick adiesel in my Lexus :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links