Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

ive got an mrk 1 300 se 2000 plate,my partner is now learning to drive but i want to keep the car cause its surperb

but the mpg is a big problem what can i exspect to get with gas?, and how much can i exspect to pay for conversion?,

how reliable?

many thanks

I have a '03 Mk1 and looked seriously at LPG but came to the conclusion it would take over 2 years to recoup the outlay before starting to actually save money on fuel......and of course AFAIK there is only a two year period of grace on LPG tax before the government can change the taxation, and who knows what they will do then?

Concensus of opinion seems to be go for the best system (PRINS system) on the RX which equates to around £1900-2200 for the conversion then of course because of the lower calorific value of LPG you tend to get between 15-20% less (MPG), so maybe around 19mpg on LPG seems to be the norm for the RX.....

If you going to do a high mileage in the next few years it works out well.....if not but are going to keep the car for longer than say 4 years AND believe the government will not increase the taxation of LPG after the current "grace period" then it may also be a good choice.

Best regards David

Oh yes.....and I don't know what its like around your way, but there are only a few LPG stations in my neck of the woods down here, and it would mean a journey usually out of my way of at least 8 miles just to fill up!

I have done 20,000 miles since last November so will be buying it as soon as possible. As always it's down to your personal lifestyle. We travel alot to get down south, and see our folks so doing 70mph for 6 hours it will great benefit to us. That and trwling through town to get to a good school!

• 3 weeks later...