Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loc Meet At Wim

Tony-Bones

Blimey there are a few threads running about this meet so rather than distill my thanks in them all i thought it polite to express my feelings to everyone in one thread.

What can i say!.... I'm totally gobsmacked by the number of members who attended and the distance some traveled, 100's of miles for many.

For those new to the club wondering what this wim or Geometry lark is about, here is some history......

Four or five years ago LOC approached the wim web-site to answer why! the IS200/300/sc duffed up the front tyres in a little as 5k..... I invited 5 cars for research only to find Lexus had written an incorrect Geometry calibration positions for this range.... So i wrote new ones.

Using these cars i proved a new calibration that belayed the tyre wear.... It was through this i gained a customer base with an unexpected flood of owners desperate to stop the rapid tyre wear.

Having found the correct calibration was fantastic but i had another dilemma? with owners so desperate to resolve tyre wear issues and they were traveling from overseas, since i never had the intention of capturing the IS calibration market and the fact people traveling so far i released the wim positions to this clubs knowledge base for all to use, and seemingly this has gone global.

Both LOC and wim has gained from this unexpected marriage.... Even Lexus have had a poke in the eye over the tyre wear issues from educated members and all i can say is..... "good!"

So to today's meet......

LOC & wim have evolved, my position as a top tech in a fast fit chain, realised an elevated position in chassis dynamics thanks to LOC, as the years past wim grew but still confined within the stereotyped fast fit regime.

So what to do?

Do it the wim-way!

I left my employ (some 25yrs)..... Acquired 1 million pounds and opened wim station1.... and guess what?

It's all thanks to you LOC

Lastly... Special thanks to everyone! but in particular Wozza who has been working "kin" hard out of sight and putting his own personal funds into the meet!! so that we had a perfect day, and to Johnboy who has worked tirelessly as per useual.

Well i had a great day and although my car didnt need a huge amount of adjustment i just wanted it "WIM'd"

Stav

PS You'll need to update that signature now lol

Well done to Tony & all the WIM Staff for making us all very welcome & providing terrific refreshments FOC.

Well done also to all the members of LOC who attended, some seasoned members, & some first timers too.

Hopefully many more LOC members will have learned the reason Tony & the crew are held in such high esteem by the club,

not only for the truly vast technical knowledge, but the highest levels of professionalism & service as well.

I have had contact tonight with several members, who are truly astounded with the transformation of their cars handling.

They have yet to realise along with this massive change to the cars behaviour, the other benifit being the irradication of

the dreaded front inner tyre wear the IS200/300 chasis has been renowned for.

Well done again to Tony for the vision, and to LOC & it's members for supporting WIM and reaping the rewards :D

Looks like everyone had a great day.

Now I'm even more Sick I could not make it.(would have enjoyed the long drive home)

All I can say is roll on JAE then up to see Tony and the team on the Monday after the show :yahoo::yahoo:

Glad it went well Tony, sorry I couldnt make this one mate had a few things come up at home :crybaby:......will call you you some time soon mate as i need to get my fine tune booked in!!

Tony Thank You So Much U Made My Day :D

& i Carnt Thank You Enough ;)

DSC03541.jpg

U didnt stop workin all day & 2 the reast of your Team (Tiff Look Alike) lol

Many thanks Tony, to you and your team, for a great day out.

Im pleased we had such a good turn out, and thankyou to everyone who came, especially those who had a quite a long journey, it made it all worthwhile.

I look forward to more like it in the future.

John

Im pleased we had such a good turn out, and thankyou to everyone who came, especially those who had a quite a long journey, it made it all worthwhile.

John

Everyone is welcome.... Tech day meets next :o ... The video of my speech, was it on vid? did it come out? can i buy it off you!!

I was like a rabbit in some very big LOC headlights......

John

Everyone is welcome.... Tech day meets next :o ... The video of my speech, was it on vid? did it come out? can i buy it off you!!

You can relax Tony, i didnt get you on vid, as my camcorder decided to play up , at the time of your speech, so i missed

it. B)

John

You can relax Tony, i didnt get you on vid, as my camcorder decided to play up , at the time of your speech, so i missed

it. B)

Excellent :D

Kinda late I know......

First, Like to echo all others and thank Tony for his hospitality.

Geoffers, nice to put the name to a face at last.....dont know why it took so long!

Wozza.............What can I say...........(What can anyone say) :)

A great turn out for a great meet.

All the Best to all

Rob

Thanks to Tony and the WIM team for a great meet - it was a worthwhile trip. I wish you every sucess in the future. :)

Wozza also deserves special thanks for the tireless effort that he must have put in the help make this possible - a top guy!

Nice to meet a few new members too.

Anees :D

Fact of the matter is, a product won't grow unless it's good - the service that WIM provides is a genuine improvement, and a significant one at that over the standard car set up. What tops it off is the level of customer service that's provided - that makes or breaks a company. Kwik Fit, you're put in basically a holding pen and told to get back in there if you dare to stray out having no idea what the foul mouthed oik is doing to your car. Tony takes the time to talk to his customers, explain what he's doing and involve them in the process. That's what makes WIM the success it is. Good job Tony, you say you couldn't have done it without LOC, well LOC wouldn't have so many happy drivers if it wasn't for you. Good job.

PS see you next week for my tyres and recheck :)

I guess there is not much more that can be said about the WIM Meet it was my 1st club meet and what a 1st meet it was.

A great turn out and "Dr Tony" truley had some knowledge about the geo of the is 200. I was well an truly lucky enough to

get mine sorted and my did I notice a difference. Everything seems to have improved, braking, handling, & the long 160 something

miles home was quite enjoyable, I cannot start to thank Tony and everyone that made the day possible enough, it was a great turn out thanks lol :D

i guess there is not much more that can be said about the wim meet it was my 1st club meet and what a 1st meet it was a great turn out and "dr tony" truley had some knowledge about the geo of the is 200 i was well an truly lucky enough to get mine sorted and my did i notice a difference everything seems to have improved, braking, handling, the long 160 somethnig miles home was quite enjoyable, i cannot start to thank tony and everyone that made the day possible enough, it was a great turn out thanks lol :D

It was good to meet you matey and nice to see another Aztec fire lex at a meet :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk