Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

muddyell

Hi i just bought myself an IS200 sport in granite. I will get pics up for you all soon but for now i have a quick question!

The standard CD player/Changer in the car doesnt work, can pick up radio but not play CDs. I have been told that i need an amp by-pass lead in order to run an aftermarket headunit.

Is this true? If so where can i get one?

Is there anything else that people recommend I do to the IS200 straight away?

Any help is much apprecited

Mike

Hi Mike , welcome to LOC.

If you are going to replace just the Head Unit, and are keeping the factory speakers this is what you will require.

Autoleads Fascia FP-25-00 to house your Head Unit (available from E-Bay or Halfords £15-£25)

This can be adapted for Single or Double Din use, & can be modified further to match the dash, SEE INFO HERE

You will need a Bypass Lead (available from E-Bay for about £25-£35)

that should be your lot, however if your vehicle has built in Sat-Nav you will require an extra item.

If you need anymore info, just holler or have a look through my ICE thread for various information,

click on my ICE question link in my signature.

regards

Wozza

Thanks mate

I have already bought the fascia but couldnt find the bypass lead

I wont be keepin the standard speakers as i have already got alphasonik Z-Series components and co-axials from my old acr to go in

Yea the car does have built in sat nav, i have been told i can change this to a tv screen tho?

Hi i just bought myself an IS200 sport in granite. I will get pics up for you all soon but for now i have a quick question!

The standard CD player/Changer in the car doesnt work, can pick up radio but not play CDs. I have been told that i need an amp by-pass lead in order to run an aftermarket headunit.

Is this true? If so where can i get one?

Is there anything else that people recommend I do to the IS200 straight away?

Any help is much apprecited

Mike

Welcome to LOC my friend. :D

Welcome to LOC Mr Elliot :P

Shocking News to see you finally seen my Light, Hope ya have some Fun with the new Motor

Have to see it in the flesh some time matey :winky:

Hold up that rich comin from the man that copied me and bought a starlet :lol:

Here the pics guys

Not the best pics in the world as they are taken from my phone but its just to show you the car

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

And for those that may be interested this is what i have upgraded from

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00760-1.jpg

DSC00761-1.jpg

DSC00762-1.jpg

Any comments or suggestions welcome guys and girls

Nice :) but once u start u wont stop :whistling:

av u done the calipers :question:

Nope they were like that when i bought it mate. Not too sure if i like them red so might paint them body colour

I have already made a little start too :whistling:

Bought myself a K&N panel filter, Wind deflectors and fascia for head unit

Could someone please put a link up to where i can get the amp bypass cable from please?

Nice :) but once u start u wont stop :whistling:

av u done the calipers :question:

Nope they were like that when i bought it mate. Not too sure if i like them red so might paint them body colour

I have already made a little start too :whistling:

Bought myself a K&N panel filter, Wind deflectors and fascia for head unit

Could someone please put a link up to where i can get the amp bypass cable from please?

here you go matey eBay number 270249681397 :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links