Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice Making Up My Number Plate

Lexus-IS

I am going to be purchasing a personalized registration from DVLA Registrations in the next few days and need some advice regarding having the plates made.

As far as I am aware we are not legally allowed to use show plates as real plates. but it seems that all the online number plate companies have a disclaimer saying that it is sold for off-road use even though you choose to have the legal layout.

I wanted to do to just use a show plate company and have the fonts spaced out all correctly with no badge on the corner, with a border and BS number. and at the bottom for the slogan, instead of putting the company that produced the plate I wanted to just put my dealerships details as it currently is on my plate which is basically Lexus (BRANCH) then in small print the postcode and then www.lexus.co.uk

I am wondering if this is ok to do as I am using a show plate but having it displayed correctly

I dont think you'll have any problem with that at all mate,

to be perfectly honest as long as your spacing and letters are the right size and font then the police aren't bothered and are VERY unlikely to feel your collar to examine the finer details of the plate.

Stav

• 11 months later...

currently you are ok using the plate you explained. be warned plates not displaying bs mark will become a fail item for the mot test. this new fail criterea was introduced into the mot last year and was taken out again almost as soon as it came in. We, as mot testers have been told it will retain so be aware although its legal now it may fail an mot soon. best thing to do is go to your local lexus dealer and have them make the plates then they will be cprrect for every aspect.