Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diesel Saga Confinues - One More Servicing...

...One more week in the service centre.

...One more ECU upgrade, 5th injector change, fuel cap replacement, rear view mirror change, rattle removing, hand brake fixing...

Aah - forgot to say. Two complimentary bottles of wine from the Lexus.

Ok. Things are much better now. Sound like a fantastic - but for now I'm easily got 30mpg in a city, and able to drove at 3rd gear / 20mph - engine works much, much better now.

But - for how long? I've done that for the 3rd time... It looks like that it is a really good idea to replace 5th injector, reflash ECU and so on every 5000 miles. Ridiculous, but true.

Frankly speaking - it's a pity that it is impossible to join forces and to make some class action against Lexus - diesel model is more than worse, even official Lexus technicians are agree (but they don't like to sign anything, for sure :) ). I'm trying to fix the dashboard rattle for the sixth time already. I'm angry...

p.s. i've tried to test new Subaru Diesel engine... It's near from perfect. So much better than Lexus one... Really. But there are no any fancy toys either in Outback nor Legacy, and look && feel is much cheaper than Lexus - for the same price.

...One more ECU upgrade, 5th injector change, fuel cap replacement, rear view mirror change, rattle removing, hand brake fixing...

Ok. Things are much better now. Sound like a fantastic - but for now I'm easily got 30mpg in a city, and able to drove at 3rd gear / 20mph - engine works much, much better now.

But - for how long? I've done that for the 3rd time... It looks like that it is a really good idea to replace 5th injector, reflash ECU and so on every 5000 miles. Ridiculous, but true.

Frankly speaking - it's a pity that it is impossible to join forces and to make some class action against Lexus - diesel model is more than worse, even official Lexus technicians are agree (but they don't like to sign anything, for sure :) ). I'm trying to fix the dashboard rattle for the sixth time already. I'm angry...

p.s. i've tried to test new Subaru Diesel engine... It's near from perfect. So much better than Lexus one... Really. But there are no any fancy toys either in Outback nor Legacy, and look && feel is much cheaper than Lexus - for the same price.

Don't build your hopes up - mine's had to be recovered 6 times now - I can't wait to get rid of it, the dealer has tried everything to help sort out exactly the same problems but i've lost count of the number of 5th injectors & ECU upgrades...

Not a word from Lexus HQ though.... :angry:

Not a word from Lexus HQ though.... :angry:

Ghm.

One question is.... In Russia, there is a law (actually, some laws are really good) - in case of repeating of the same trouble more than 3 times, it is possible to return any good back and to receive whole amount of money...

Are there any customer protection laws?

Situation is really ridiculous...

Lexus is good value. Ford Mondeo is even better value, especially the Titanium X model. But....would you buy one? It actually drives really nice, but you will be able to buy one for the same price as bag of spuds in 3 years.......

Forget what extra options a car has. It HAS to drive good, unless you are passenger all of time.

New 5th Inj is not supposed to improve economy. It is last final fix for 220d. So it must be 100% OK now. Only stopping the safe go home mode. Everyone you ask at Lexus dealers comment there are some problems.

Ford Mondeo is even better value, especially the Titanium X model. But....would you buy one? It actually drives really nice, but you will be able to buy one for the same price as bag of spuds in 3 years.......

Forget what extra options a car has. It HAS to drive good, unless you are passenger all of time.

I totally agree with what you say. I had a TDCi Titanium X for 2 months before the company bought me the 220D, and although it was pleasant to drive, it was still a Mondeo. Sorry but image is and badge make a difference. When i arrive at a client or other branch of the business in the Lex, the attitude is always "mmm Lexus!!!" .I didnt get that that with the Mundaneo